Duke Nukem Forever trailer finally released!!

I really can't wait to play this, i hope it keeps the same themes and fun as Duke Nukem 3D as that was one of the greatest games ever released

I've never really got the fuss about Duke Nukem. Aside from the release cycle of course, but since the original games simply aren't 'aimed at me' I've never found it necessary to sit hard on my hands whilst waiting for this one.

It would be unwise to get your hopes up based on the release of a teaser trailer of course. They've released more substantial trailers at least twice before now...

edit: If they're keen to recuperate their development cost, they really should consider releasing a 'making of' for the game, should it get released. It'd probably need to be edited down from a War & Peace number of pages...

I think its been in development for about 9 years, i wish i knew why they took so long (i'm sure it has been discussed). Also i'm sure the game is only out on PC as any code they had for consoles would have to have been updated to go from PS 1 to PS2 then probably onto Xbox 360 and PS3. Personally i may buy the game just to own a bit of history (longest game in development ever) but i probably won't, chances are this game will come out in the same time frame as Spore and if that's the case i know where my money is going :wink:

Yeah ever since Duke Nukem 3D we have been promised this game and I really would like to try it out, there is something fun and special with DN games, they don't take themselves seriously like war based shooters or go for scares like Doom3 did, they are there for the player to create carnage....

I really hope the multiplayer is as good as DN3D's was as I used to spend hours with my mates at lan parties playing that.

DN3d was an fantastic game. Sadly I can't watch this trailer untill I go home coz my work PC is having a fit with it. Been waiting for another one to come out for a long time. I will definately be adding this game to my collection. Probably even if the reviews are bad (which I doubt).

"AAaahh... Muuch Better!" :lol:

The only thing that made Duke Nukem 3D stand out was the strippers. That's nothing special anymore.

Can't they just give up on this?

Right! bets on for the next trailer date!
Yeah, Duke Nukem games were always fun - as said earlier - the player goes around and creates some carnage!! This looks like it'll be classic duke with the great one liners

"I don't have time to play with myself!"

LULZ!

This game is a joke, seriously. We as rabid consumers have waited what seems like an eternity for the next intalment in a series which grew stagnant over a decade ago.

The original Duke Nukem will forever remain a classic, pardon the pun. Why not let the series rest and concentrate on new developments, rather than flog this proverbial dead horse?

Back