DVD Monthly get Paranoid

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Our forum user Charter_Mage has noticed that the January issue of UK magazine DVD Monthly (featuring Harry Potter as the cover image) has the first episode of Satoshi Kon's mind bending Paranoia Agent included for free on the magazine's cover-mounted DVD.

Wow, that might be a good way for me to try this series. I've certainly been hearing a lot about it.

I'm actually quite surprised at the amount of mainstream penetration into the market that anime is making these days.

With regards to the mainstream penetration comment, I immediately thought of this from our recent interview with MVM:

MVM from Industry article said:
The last quarter saw MVM shift up a gear with the appointment of Elevation Sales as our sales and marketing force. In tandem with our earlier appointment of The Associates to handle PR, this will give a welcome boost and professionalism not just to our own titles but to the anime genre in general, placing it on the main stage in terms of retail campaigns and quality press.

What this new company has done so far seems to have worked really well; The Works box sets are a stroke of genius (though I wonder if MVM take much profit from such cheap sets) and I assume this new company is also behind this Paranoia Agent news too... They are definitely taking a step up.

Paul said:
...What this new company has done so far seems to have worked really well; The Works box sets are a stroke of genius (though I wonder if MVM take much profit from such cheap sets)...

Don't think that's the way to look at it. I think those boxsets aren't really supposed to make any real profits in and of themselves, they're supposed to lead to greater profits by exposing a wider market segment to anime and getting them interested in it. Once that's achieved selling them the rest is like selling ice cream to children. :lol:

Back