E3 2012

Ubisoft have already expressed that they are supporting the Wii U, so if it doesn't show up, it will be sillies.

RE: Sony's Smash Bros. rip off...yeah, when it was being shown "Smash Bros." was trending on Twitter. You ain't fooling anyone Sony.

From what i heard yesterday now i remember, apparently THQ used the conferences yesterday as a good enough distraction to give them a chance to sack everyone at their San Diego development studio and close it down. From what i'm seeing, it's due to them losing the license for UFC to EA:

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/ufc_undis ... _loss.html

Maybe we'll go through the whole of E3 without Sega closing down in Europe. Maybe

I was just talking on Twitter to some people about it. Honestly, I feel that a lot of the "hardcore" titles just have violence and swearing in them for the sake of it. The blatant glorification of the violence in Assassin's Creed III's gameplay video really turned me off and I admit, although the game looks awesome, I was put off by the language in the Watch Dogs video.

Am I a prude? Nah, I love Elfen Lied and Mardock Scramble. I just like things to have more of a reason for being there.

MaxonTreik said:
Joshawott said:
MaxonTreik said:
Not so sure about the direction they're taking Assassin's Creed III.
They're going with the "Jump through trees" direction.
I don't even know where you're going with that.
The majority of the Assassin's Creed III gameplay footage that was shown was jumping through trees.

...Nintendo should have saved the Nintendo Direct stuff for E3.

Personally, I felt the biggest strength was Batman Arkham City Armoured Edition...which is a third party title.

I just hope the Software Showcase has better stuff. NintendoLand had better be included with the console, like WiiSports was.

So that was good! then it hit the tail end, and it got bad. The only thing i was able to catch onto from Reggie at the end was "nintendoland will be available alongside the WiiU at launch this Holiday". So we got the Holiday time period confirmed, just nothing else. Developers bit tonight will hopefully bring more to light, and then we have the 3DS conference tomorrow night. Hopefully they turn out to be better.

So can we all agree, Ubisoft won this show? Somehow

fOhgR.jpg

After stream (somewhat) delivers.

Poking around Nintendo's press site, Mass Effect 3 is confirmed for the Wii U. So why wasn't it mentioned?

Nintendo have put out strict orders saying that websites should not publish any ZombiU assets unless they have strict parental controls. I downloaded the assets from the press site and sure enough, I see why.

Nintendo were just slightly less boring than Sony on account of actually talking about video games and actually making me want a few games. Still disappointed that they're claiming to no longer isolate older/loyal fans and then bring us **** like Nintendo Land and a terrible main menu combined with a minimalistic social networking idea.

5.5/10

Joshawott said:
Poking around Nintendo's press site, Mass Effect 3 is confirmed for the Wii U. So why wasn't it mentioned?
It was shown during the "look at all the 3rd party games we have that were released on other platforms earlier this year" trailer.

All because they aren't isolated older fans doesn't mean that they also can't appeal to their usual, casual audience either.

I do wish they'd stop the New Super Mario Bros. line though. The 3DS one is fine, but they should have tried something new like Sunshine or Galaxy on the Wii U. Also, why not a Metroid or Starfox game too? They could almost be middle ground between the two audiences.

Ah, Mass Effect 3 was shown. Must have been when the stream ballsed up for me.

Joshawott said:
All because they aren't isolated older fans doesn't mean that they also can't appeal to their usual, casual audience either.

I do wish they'd stop the New Super Mario Bros. line though. The 3DS one is fine, but they should have tried something new like Sunshine or Galaxy on the Wii U. Also, why not a Metroid or Starfox game too? They could almost be middle ground between the two audiences.

That's the entire point I'm trying to make. They're not listening to fans who want to see the forgotten IPs make a comeback.

There were some hints about F-Zero on the Wii U a few months ago. Hopefully that's down the line somewhere.

At least they've brought back WarioWare though, with "Game & Wario". It wasn't shown at E3, but it is on Nintendo's E3 website.

Back