Editorial: Naruto and The Future of the UK Anime Industry

Do you think theres a chance that they'll reshow naruto on a different channel with no cuts, like rapture TV.

Because seriously, Jetix won't change thier mind about the edits of Naruto, and the olny thing you can do is to support Rapture tv, persuade them to bring more Anime and then, they might get naruto in and problem done. No one could complain about the cuts.

But really, the olny choice you got left is to watch the edit version on jetix or get out £25 and buy Naruto uncut.

But, you should not complain about the edit version, we should be greatful that jetix and rapture are brave enough to bring more anime. It better than nothing, the olny thing you should do as a loyal Anime fan is to support Naruto's Sucess since Naruto might be the gateway to a world of Anime on british T.V and Soon, our own Anime channel.

So, stop thinking about yourself and think of the kids that will enjoy Naruto and possibly, get into the world of Anime. Dragonball z has done a great job, and so will Naruto hopefully.

Xelis said:
Naruto uncut is £17.99 from play.com
Yeah.

I'm just kinda stunned at the overall poor quality of the edits though. It's like something you'd see on a bad AMV. Looks like a total rush job all round.

I really don't see how thirteen episodes of anything on DVD for £17.99 could be called "dear"...especially anime, where you usually get three or four episodes for that much...

Conan-san said:
Xelis said:
Naruto uncut is £17.99 from play.com
Any dearer and I would call it extortion on both Manga and Jetix's part.
a) What the hell have Jetix got to do with the DVD release and
b) it happens to be cheaper than the US release even at full mark-up, which is amazing considering the difference in our two economies. I would not have been surprised if they had released it at a higher price-point and they would have been perfectly justified in doing so. I can only imagine that Manga have taken a bit of a gamble on this selling well since I don't think it was a particularly cheap licence.

I'm sure that some people would not be satisfied if they got it for free and served on a gold-platter to boot.

No no, I'm happy it's at a pre-£20 cost, cause most box sets are around £25+ (Even after we take online purchasing into account) and to be honest, £1.50 (or so) per episode ain't all that bad.

If it was floting around that £25 mark then it would be extortion on Manga's part due to the unwatible status of the jetix super edit.

NARUTO DVDS MAY NOT BE FULLY UNCUT!

OK, i really didnt know where to go with this, im sorry to post this, i truely am. i sure everyone's getting really tired of all the naruto contraversey lately, but this could be an emergancy!
i have severe reason to believe naruto unleashed (by manga ent) may not be entirely uncut!

1. Naruto Uncut dvd's were hastily renamed "naruto unleashed"

2. the 15 rating was changed to a 12!

3.manga have been partnering up with jetix alot

4. the dvd description now refrains from using the word "uncut" and now refers to the episodes as merely "unleashed"

5. jetix advertises the dvd's and says "featuring scenes not shown in the tv version"...scenes? only scenes? NOT ALL OF IT!!!????

ihave a weird feeling it may only show as far as the viz edits!
what the hells gonna happen!!!!???

i hope thats'all. you could definately be right.
im just so use to our home companies back stabbing us lately.
who knows what they're capable of. if it will sell to a wider range with more cuts, they would do it right?
its buisness?
i just hope..i am overthinking it a bit. i think i'll sleep for awhile.

Nah, it has the original Japanese voice track. Manga wouldn't go to the bother of synching the Japanese track to the US TV version. Plus, I've seen the first 13 episodes, the American box set, and there's nothing in it that would make it a 15. The camera usually pans upwards when something nasty happens.

Plus Manga have a reputation for being... how should I say... violent? It would be a blow to their reputation if they released anything cut.

well i hope its ''uncut'' as they say it is......
im looking forward to purchasing this.

lets hope its exactly what it says on the cover...

To even make such a suggestion is absolutely foolish. It has been passed by the BBFC completely uncut as a 12 and was never passed with a 15 rating and was not resubmitted, ever. If you ever saw that on any artwork for the Naruto box then that was pure speculation on Manga's part as to what rating it would get and was, as it turns out, unwarranted. They have no reason to release a cut version at this time but they did state that they are open to the option of releasing a cut version for the kiddy audience should it prove a viable option in the future. This would not replace the uncut DVDs but would simply run alongside them. There are no solid plans for any such release yet, only the option.

Manga have absolutely nothing to do with Jetix. Naturally they will work together closely when their properties intersect with one-another since it makes good business sense to do so. Don't worry, they are uncut and will (probably) come out on time this month. (I saw a copy of the box at AmeCon so that at least exists :p).

Sorry for my ranting but it does grow tiresome to hear the same thing again and again...

your probably all right, i know that.
but lately their reputation for sneakyness has suprised me, i wouldnt put it passed them. although yet again, its probably going to be fine.
its true that its unlikey they will edit the jap part HOWEVER syching it with the viz cut would be too difficult now would it?
but again, your right, im being a lil too doomsday

dont worry, it is uncut, i ahve viewed the check discs for the uk version dvd, and it is the exact same as my US version. (just some 1 or 2 extras, such as textless op ed's)
i must say though, the menu animatics for the dvd's are friggin cool. (too bad i purchased the us version)
oh well.
and incase you are wondering how i was able to get my hands on the check discs, then all i can say is....its...a....secret!

Ninja Boy! said:
i must say though, the menu animatics for the dvd's are friggin cool. (too bad i purchased the us version)

Are they different? I assumed the DVDs would be exactly the same aside from the region.

Back