English voice actor Johnny Yong Bosch at October MCM Expo

DaNiMe-sama said:
Lupus Inu said:
Lol @ the idea of J-artists going to London Expo.

Why? Because it's such a small convention compared to the US ones? Or am I missing something? :eek:

I think it's a bit early for Mangaka to start attending, but I could easily see people like J-rock, J-pop, or idol singers who do some of the more popular anime openings making an appearance in october 2008.

Doesn't the Expo attract tens of thousands of people though? I don't think it's a case of it being such a "small" convention, rather the costs of brining the guests over. I'm sure it's a lot cheaper to bring in the American VAs, especially with the direct connections between the anime publishers over here and in the US.

For example, I'm sure that if someone like Gackt performed over here, there would be more than enough takers.

I think if the likes of Gackt attended, the tickets would sell out without days. I mean you hear about at Otacon how artists such as Yoko Ishida attend and do some songs and such things. Otacon has loads of guests like this, doesn't it? Any ideas of how much bigger Otacon/Anime Expo are than Japan Ex/London Expo?

Back