Evangelion question

sanji no 1

Vampire Ninja
This Evangelion 1.10 or whatever its called, Is it the first few episodes of the series that have been digitally remasterd and made into a movie or is it a actual remake?

Bit of both. It's a remake, but I think it's a fairly literal one, most of hat I've sen so far is more or less the same as in the anime, it doesn't really diverge from the anime until 2.0

As Ayase said it is a complete re-imaging of Evangelion and it does look absolutely stunning (although I have to admit I'm a sucker for the hand drawn look of the tv series and original movies), I can't wait to see where the new development at the end of of the first movie leads!

Last edited by a moderator:
20070902-Facepalm1.jpg

If there was one small difference...

Its when Shinji asks Rei to smile for him. The TV series had her see a image of Shinji's father but this time she is smiling towards Shinji instead

It's re animated, but still using a lot of the original keyframes.

Think of it like the remastered Star Wars, but reshooting some scenes completely.

Also the Angels numbers are different if I remember correctly. The differences definitely ramp up in 2.0 though.

imo think of it as a completely new take on Evangelion, the same way the manga and the TV anime aren't the same. Don't be fooled by how many similarities there are in the first movie, they're a set of four that tell a different story, not four individual movies.

It's part of a series of 4 movies... 1.11 is a retelling of the first 6 episodes mostly scene for scene with a few surprises but completely redrawn with spectacular looking CG action sequences. It's definitely worth the purchase.

I was lucky enough to see 2.0 in the cinema. It differs almost completely from the series and is also absolutely stunning looking.

I liked the series with the exception of the annoying Shinji, one of the most annoying constantly screaming characters I've seen, and the ending. I didn't like the ending, death and rebirth and the end of evangelion but hey maybe I will like 2.0

So is the box lying when it says "vastly different story"?
Coz yeah I hated the ending of the series too, complete tosh(sorry just no other word for it)

vashdaman said:
So is the box lying when it says "vastly different story"?
Coz yeah I hated the ending of the series too, complete tosh(sorry just no other word for it)
It's not finished yet, so we don't know exactly. But the second movie is certainly starting to make bigger differences and the preview for the third suggests that will be very different. The fourth is supposed to be all new.

Back