Excel Saga on RaptureTV; More Ghibli on Film4

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Rapture TV have finally announced that they will begin airing ADV's mad-cap comedy Excel Saga in January 2007. The broadcast schedule sees them airing new episodes every Tuesday and Thursday at 20:00 (repeat viewings on these same days at 23:00 and on Sundays for an hour long block beginning at 20:00).

Along with BBC2 premiering the Oscar winning Spirited Away (thanks, x_nick_x) on 30th December at 17:15, Film4 will again be promoting Studio Ghibli anime by airing My Neighbour Totoro (Friday 15th December 17:35 and Wednesday 20th December 17:05) and Only Yesterday (Sunday 17th December 15:00 and Friday, 22nd December 16:55).

Can't help but feel Excel Saga's a might dated to be shown brand new, as a series I mean. But oh well, who knows, Rapture might be making new anime fans, or something.. >_> Somehow doubtful but who knows, eh?

So long as they're not closet anime fans! D:< *shakes fist in air* Darn you closet fans!

Yay i got my name metioned :D

Btw cowboy bebop movie on sci fi the 1st of january or was it the 31st one of those two at midday 8)

01/01/2007
12:00 Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' On Heaven's Door

A delirious blend of sci fi, comedy, jaw-dropping kung fu action and thought-provoking philosophy, wrapped up in the immensely popular Cowboy Bebop world. A must for anime fans and newcomers alike.

I'll definitely be watching this :D

Wait, Haven't they confirmed a second anime. Because Excel saga isn't my type.

I say fruit basket or any girly anime is fitting for Female viewing. Now, if its bleach, then I would put a gun to Rapture's employee's head and force them to put it on TV.

Anyway, Its always Violent anime, can't there be at least romantic ones.

Espy said:
Only Yesterday... worth watching?

I loved Whispers of the Heart if it's comparable.
I guess it is, in a way alike to Whisper of the Heart in as much as it is a fairly straight story. It basically follows a woman who is haunted by her childhood dreams conflicting with her present status whilst on a holiday in the country. It is a fairly slow-paced romantic drama. Definitely worth watching since you will probably like it.

Yeah! more Ghibli on Film 4, I watched as much of it as I could when it was on before this year,

Can't wait, hopefully they'll show some new films too (apart from the ones they've already shown) >.>

keyblade_master uk said:

I say fruit basket or any girly anime is fitting for Female viewing. Now, if its bleach, then I would put a gun to Rapture's employee's head and force them to put it on TV.

Rapture have already confirmed that there will only be one series running at the moment but they will be showing two episodes a week. As sad as it is the reason there aren’t more 'girly' amine’s as you put it is because they dont get the viewing figures. Rapture is counting on anime fans and their mainly male market to watch their stuff but if they put something like Fruits Basket on [as good as it is] the majority of their male market would turn off and there would be little to no new female market to balance it out.

Wow Excel Saga I cannot believe this!

If you may not know Excel saga is really funny.

I maybe worried though because they may not show the last episode.

butch-cassidy said:
keyblade_master uk said:

Rapture have already confirmed that there will only be one series running at the moment but they will be showing two episodes a week. As sad as it is the reason there aren’t more 'girly' amine’s as you put it is because they dont get the viewing figures. Rapture is counting on anime fans and their mainly male market to watch their stuff but if they put something like Fruits Basket on [as good as it is] the majority of their male market would turn off and there would be little to no new female market to balance it out.

Its kinda sexist when Men can get what their want, and woman can't. Just plain sexist. Well, Thats me!!

keyblade_master uk said:
butch-cassidy said:
keyblade_master uk said:

Its kinda sexist when Men can get what their want, and woman can't. Just plain sexist. Well, Thats me!!

Its not sexist, its economics. If there was a large female market for rapture they would but since there isn’t they are not going to take a big risk on it. As sad as it is the majority of anime fans are still me. Manga has been bridging the gap more but Anime still has a long way to go.

keyblade_master uk said:

Reminds me of the time when one of my friends said Metal was sexist because there were no women that liked it, to which I responded Barbie was sexist because there were no men that liked it.

Espy said:
keyblade_master uk said:

Reminds me of the time when one of my friends said Metal was sexist because there were no women that liked it, to which I responded Barbie was sexist because there were no men that liked it.

Well I do know quite a few women who listen to metal :roll:

Ok, Rapture are airing somethn' Sci-fi aired already.

God, I almost wish they were airing Elfin Lied and that talk show with the weaboo anime chracter.

It's bad enough the legon of doom (Toonami, Jetix Etall) do repeats without Rapture doin' it in thier limited timing.

Warmaster said:
Espy said:
keyblade_master uk said:

Well I do know quite a few women who listen to metal :roll:

Yeah, exactly, it wasn't even a valid point.

I can't say this is a anime that sparks much enthusiasm from me. After waiting so long i was either expecting them to drop anime altogether, or at least put something new on, not something thats already been on tv.
Still i havn't watched much of the series, so maybe i will enjoy it more than i think i will

Back