Excel Saga on RaptureTV; More Ghibli on Film4

VioletGarbage said:
i herd some were it was 40,000. but if they got a really good anime series or movie and advertised it in on other channels they would get more viewers because if you wernt a anime fan you wouldnt even though it was on.

Ah, but such advertising costs a lot of money.

A lot more than sending an email to an anime community o tell them you exist.

VioletGarbage said:
i herd some were it was 40,000. but if they got a really good anime series or movie and advertised it in on other channels they would get more viewers because if you wernt a anime fan you wouldnt even though it was on.

True, but remember... Rapture Tv is a free channel, so unless Rapture start becoming a part of the Entertainment Package, They might not even think of advertising on other channels.

Don't worry, I think a few more months and I finally escaped from the horribleness of Excel Saga

It's not free for me. I'd have to buy sky to watch it.

And Excel Saga is in fact awesome. I remember watching it on Sci-Fi years ago and thinking to myself, "what the hell is this crap" and thought it was awful. Afterwards I watched it in Japanese with subs and realised, "Oh! It was just a really bad English Dub".

WTFDaveMustaine said:
It's not free for me. I'd have to buy sky to watch it.

And Excel Saga is in fact awesome. I remember watching it on Sci-Fi years ago and thinking to myself, "what the hell is this crap" and thought it was awful. Afterwards I watched it in Japanese with subs and realised, "Oh! It was just a really bad English Dub".

Sometimes I can't really tell whats the goodness between Subs and Dubs...

But I am learning to, though.

Surely with the rise in manga and anime sales, you would think at least one broadcaster would think of making an anime channel (or at least an anime block on another channel, no help from adult swim :evil: )

roymustang69011 said:
Surely with the rise in manga and anime sales, you would think at least one broadcaster would think of making an anime channel (or at least an anime block on another channel, no help from adult swim :evil: )

As much as sales have risen, it probably doesn't justify any company (apart from a very rich company willing to take a big risk) making an anime channel.

VioletGarbage said:
coudnt they at least have an anime adult swim on a channel
Yeah. Bravo has an adult swim programme that's on at around midnight that shows the rather amusing Brak Show but mainly just rubbish and no anime whatsoever.

harkins said:
VioletGarbage said:
coudnt they at least have an anime adult swim on a channel
Yeah. Bravo has an adult swim programme that's on at around midnight that shows the rather amusing Brak Show but mainly just rubbish and no anime whatsoever.

And really, its a bunch of South Park wannabes shows...

Ahem, *coughsouthparksuckscough* And I'm shocked that the Adult Swim forum isn't complaining about the anime, but saying its sucks...

I think we should spam the forum

I don't think an all anime channel would fair well in the uk, no matter how much we want it. Rapture has the right idea in just picking a couple of series to run, though i'm going to agree with Chrono Demon and say that i think Excel Saga is the wrong choice. Bad dub or not, i try watching it from time to time, but it just gives me a headache, i feel like i'm just being shouted at for half an hour.
I'm enjoying whats on Rock World at the moment though, at least i'm enjoying Gilgamesh more than i am Excel Saga, lol.

Back