Fate/Stay Night

Nemphtis

Hunter
So I heard this started as a Hentai game and got quite popular so they adapted the story into an anime series or something. I've been seeing this series pop up around the internet quite a lot so I've been considering checking it out, has anyone seen it already - is it any good?

Some of the characterisation is rather weak (Shirou is a bit of a tool) but all in all, it's a worthwhile watch. If you like your fantasy/action/romance anime, you'll love it.

I've got Vol. 1 of it, and (as soon as I get ther other series sorted out) I'll be collecting the rest.
I think it's an interesting story, so it's probably worth it's money.

Nemphtis said:
So I heard this started as a Hentai game and got quite popular so they adapted the story into an anime series or something. I've been seeing this series pop up around the internet quite a lot so I've been considering checking it out, has anyone seen it already - is it any good?

I had know idea this used to be a hentai game :shock:

Ive been wanting to check this out for a long time but just got a lot of other things to watch.

I watched the first episode, but it had that much of an impact on me, I cant remember what happened, I think there was other things at the time which appealed to me more.

Maxon said:
Some of the characterisation is rather weak (Shirou is a bit of a tool) but all in all, it's a worthwhile watch. If you like your fantasy/action/romance anime, you'll love it.

Sounds like Shuffle! to me, will have a looksie later.

Nyu said:
Maxon said:

Sounds like Shuffle! to me, will have a looksie later.
It's nothing like SHUFFLE! in the slightest. SHUFFLE! had some questionable characters, the animation looked like it had been done by a sub-standard South Korean company and the plot was very underwhelming. Fate/Stay Night is mainly action, whereas the magic and romance aren't so obvious until at least half way through the series. The main difference is that Fate/Stay Night is watchable in the sense that you won't pull out your own hair in anger.

Basically a fighting series, the fights are cool although the hero is a bit whiney with his lets not fight attitude that gets more people hurt until he finally realises he has no choice and then goes out to kick peoples asses.

Its worth watching if only for the special moves of everyones fighters and the eventual conclusion although the ending is sad and I couldn't help let a tear go

Last edited by a moderator:
McIcy said:
Basically a fighting series, the fights are cool although the hero is a bit whiney with his lets not fight attitude that gets more people hurt until he finally realises he has no choice and then goes out to kick peoples asses.

Its worth watching if only for the special moves of everyones fighters and the eventual conclusion although the ending is sad and I couldn't help let a tear go
I'm glad Saber went back to her own time. It wasn't a cop out and it was believable. I did feel sad too though. However, when she goes to sleep and back into her "dream", I have feeling it's not over.

Maxon said:
McIcy said:

I'm glad Saber went back to her own time. It wasn't a cop out and it was believable. I did feel sad too though. However, when she goes to sleep and back into her "dream", I have feeling it's not over.

agreed she could never have stayed once the fighting was over but it was still sad as she pretty much went home to die

Maxon said:
McIcy said:

Something weird about the ending was that Saber had apparently been stab though the stomach by a homunculus but for having that happen there wasn't any blood. That could just be lazy animation people though. Also another good thing to do after or during this series would be to read about the Arthur legend because then a lot of the Flash backs make more sense.

Blade678 said:
Something weird about the ending was that Saber had apparently been stab though the stomach by a homunculus but for having that happen there wasn't any blood. That could just be lazy animation people though. Also another good thing to do after or during this series would be to read about the Arthur legend because then a lot of the Flash backs make more sense.
Hmm, that would be quite a good idea. That didn't get touched on enough for me.

I don't remember the stab wound though. I guess I should rewatch it.

Yeah in one of the later flash backs it shows her killing Mordred but also being stab at the same time after that would be where Bedivere takes her to Morgan le Fay to die but the lack of blood may mean that because she relived the Battle of Camlann that maybe this time she wasn't stab and therefore in the end doesn't die.

I guess I'll download it, I'm going on vacation soon and I figure I'd get some anime to watch while I'm there, assuming this series isn't out in the UK on DVD I'll grab it from some place online. To be honest, I actually want to check out the H-game as well, must be good if it got so popular. :]

It's not out in the UK yet but I hope when it does they bring out the collection box with it because it's quite a good one. They probably won't though.

Right, I just finished watching this. Today was a day off for me so I watched the whole thing back-to-back. It's hard to explain why but the way this series progressed kind of reminds me of Chrono Crusade, probably mainly due to the ending.

The ending was quite sad, nearly bought a tear to my eye because I so wanted them to be together. What felt more sad was the fact that not only did they have to seperate but when Saber returned to her own time she was dying already, and Shirou took it a lot better than I thought he would. The way he just recently realized he loved Saber kind of reminds me of how Caster loved her master, it also makes you wonder about all the heroes who were killed during the series; what was their reason for wanting the Holy Grail?

Back