Final Fantasy: Advent Children sells over 2 million DVDs

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
According to Square Enix, Final Fantasy: Advent Children has sold an impressive 2.4 million copies (DVDs and UMD) around the world. 100,000 have been sold in Europe but surprisingly, a clear majority of 1.3 million copies were sold in the US compared with 1 million in Japan.

If anyone ever questions why the UK doesn't get all the funky DVD extras the US DVDs get, just point them towards these facts. 1.3 million sales in the US compared with just 100,000 in the whole of Europe-- wow, puts things into perspective.

Shame the movie isn't up to much!

The only thing it would have been worth buying for would be if Last Order was an extra on the DVD. It wasn't brilliant by a long shot but it was a lot more interesting entertainment than the main feature.

Paul said:
If anyone ever questions why the UK doesn't get all the funky DVD extras the US DVDs get, just point them towards these facts. 1.3 million sales in the US compared with just 100,000 in the whole of Europe-- wow, puts things into perspective.

What does this prove? That the Americans are more impressed by style over substance?

;)

Paul said:
Another thing put neatly into perspective: your movie may be available over the net 9 months before you get round to releasing it, but it'll still sell like hot cakes despite the fact that everyone has known what it is like for an age.

Also puts into perspective how you can shift any old drivel with Final Fantasy written on its box. Hell, Square-Enix should beat the hot cake sellers at their own game and release their own brand of hot cakes. Mr Kipling eat your heart-shaped, jam-filled centre out.

kupoartist said:
Also puts into perspective how you can shift any old drivel with Final Fantasy written on its box. Hell, Square-Enix should beat the hot cake sellers at their own game and release their own brand of hot cakes. Mr Kipling eat your heart-shaped, jam-filled centre out.

Wait, Square-Enix is selling cakes now? Why didn't anyone tell me?!

If you'll excuse me I have to go throw money at them now.

I recently deleted my fan sub of the movie, it's a watch once and never again film, it's only worth renting. I too find this not to be suprising.

Wow, for some reason I expected a lot more Advent Children fanboy/girlness here and yet almost all I'm seeing is hate. o_O I can't say I enjoyed the movie much either, it was however very, very pretty. Otherwise the story was weak in my opinion.

But yes, 100k in all of europe.. stunning the difference, really.

Thats a surprising difference i must say, i didn't mind the film..it was quite nice to watch graphically, the story and such wasn't to bad in my opinion, but i also agree with Kupoartist, most people usually that has Final Fantasy imprinted on it is a money maker ( i presume thats what you mean at least). i mean its a hugely popular series worldwide so people would buy it to add to their ever growing collections.

It's hardly surprising that FFVII:AC sold so well. FFVII has the most fanboys I have ever seen - only bested by my hatred of Nintendo zealots who love to stick their pointy sword made of Wii into Link.

I watched this and hoped it would shed some light onto the ending of FFVII. Infact all we got was Shounen Jump rejects and crappy slo-mo fighting. I was utterly appalled how the script managed to get through in the first place - only Sky Blue managed to have less lines of dialogue but it was actually better..just. :wink:

The only bit worth watching was the Last Order anime which was exactly the same as a certain part of the game. Meh, they should leave FFVII behind and perhaps do something on FFVIII or FFX-2! :D
________
Oxygen Vaporizer

Proof, if it was needed, that eye candy sells. I wasn't impressed enough with the film to buy it on DVD but it would appear that pretty visuals are enough for a lot of people!

walker said:
well i bought the dvd simply because it's final fantasy :p

That isn't really a good thing. QFT from the person themself:
kupartist said:
Also puts into perspective how you can shift any old drivel with Final Fantasy written on its box. Hell, Square-Enix should beat the hot cake sellers at their own game and release their own brand of hot cakes. Mr Kipling eat your heart-shaped, jam-filled centre out

Correction, the most zealot-like following I've seen for something isn't Nintendo or Final Fantasy but Star Wars.

Jesus H Christ, there nuts...

1.3 million were sold in the US where as 1 million in Japan? Oh well, I did expect more sales in Japan, however it's probably because the population of the US is much larger then Japan when you compare the sizes of the 2 countries. OMG! I expected more sales in Europe.... what happened to all the FF fans in Europe?

They all realized that Advent Children is only rent-worthy.... that or they had the power of Limewire at their disposal.

Back