Final Fantasy X

ridley

School Idol
I've just started playing it. It's been gathering dust on my shelf now with FF7 and X-2.

So, any opinions on it?

Anyone a hardcore fan of the series?

So far I think it has WAY too many cutscenes, the ones for the SNES had a few but were mainly action. I think today's games are becoming too full of cutscenes and the like.

Okay, i'll start. I absolutely loved this game the storytelling a plot is well above par. The graphics are pretty nice aswell considering it's a ps2 release. The combat system is perfection in rpg form. Blitzball is fun and the Spheregrid makes your characters highly customizable, (Yuna hitting 99999 on her autoattack on my file).

Anything you need to know, ask away.

I would do Riku so hard.

Loved it, one of my fave FF games, I even shed a tear at the end (yes I also cried at the end of FF8)

Blitzball is great fun especially when you get the Jecht shot.

Tempted to replay this now as I'm gonna be working 7 nightshifts in a row with nothing to do

It is quite good so far.

I've just got Yuna and Lulu and am now heading to some ship I think.

The Sphere Grid is a good idea, I hope the utilize that more in later games. If they do, I may try them.

So, is X-2 FF12 or a second part to X?

FFX-2 is a direct sequel to FFX. FFXII is FF12.

FFX-2 is set a little after the end of FFX, and you play as Yuna, Rikku, and Paine, all of whom can change their clothes in the middle of battle without so much as a nip-slip.

ok ff x-2 is ok but x is superior. the only thing i didn't like about x was the bliztball thing, hated that. but i love the story and the characters and it stands as my fav final fantasy of all time

FF X-2 is nowhere near as good as FF X, though i can't stop replaying it... i guess it's because i've never beaten it 100%. If i'm correct you will be on your way to Kilika?

My wife spent ages tracking down a Lulu dress for our prom as she loved the belt design and yes i loved the cleavage

Kirrimir said:
FF X-2 is nowhere near as good as FF X, though i can't stop replaying it... i guess it's because i've never beaten it 100%. If i'm correct you will be on your way to Kilika?

Whenever I beat a game 100% then I'm finished with it. That's why I try to do it every time so I don't waste time replaying it.

I've arrived ad Kilika and have just finished a few hours of grinding in the forest.

FFX stands out as being probably my favourite Final Fantasy, it had a nice variety of characters and the setting was rather original was well

The problem with FFX2 was that you needed to complete it 3 times to get 100% and unlock the actual ending of the game. As some sub missions instantly block other missions from occuring.

McIcy said:
The problem with FFX2 was that you needed to complete it 3 times to get 100% and unlock the actual ending of the game. As some sub missions instantly block other missions from occuring.
It's true, but coinsidering you can finish the game easily in under 20 hours, I didn't find this to be a problem. I've heard its'possible to finish it in under 10 hours, but I couldn't (or cared) to confirm this.

McIcy said:
The only thing i never got to do was the Crimson Sphere ****. Never found em all.

Wow you need to pay to create a new character in FFXIV, extra £2.10 a month per character.

Back