Final Fantasy XIV

Tigle

Brigade Leader
Anyone play that game yet? I got the collectors addiction the day it came out, was a wonderful thing...and it froze my computer by just putting in the disk...so how much would a computer cost that could play the game...and what are the games best and worst points and....are moogles the almightly gods of the world.....kupo.

But its an MMO....with wide open game world, are you sure you not speaking of FFXIII or 13...as that is kinda movie like if not awsome in its own way.

I play XI. I would have moved to XIV, but they decided not to release the PS3 version in a reasonable timeframe so I'm not going to bother now.

Though my days in XI look numbered too if they don't fix today's patch so that I can install the update...

R

-sniffles- I loved my time in XI being a taru white mage saving the world or my party from stuff and what not, WOG was like super fun seeing the world in the past. Played ffxi for years was going to restart last year till I heard about FFXIV up and coming, but maybe it is best to wait for the PS3 release rather than getting some big shot pc for it, after all march is not....that long away.

WotG finally reaches its conclusion with today's patch. All of my friends are in game and mine won't update. It's depressing :(

R (/salute to a fellow WHM!)

Awww that is one thing I regret about quitting the game not getting to see the end of that plot...and also with the level cap raise, whm getting to have redmages convert and refresh spell....that got to make whm the ultimate healing class again.

I'm really enjoying WHM/SCH even with /RDM available. It helps that I'm friends with a RDM who can refresh2 me ;)

In the new Abyssea areas, it's possible to equip special items for a whopping 10 MP/sec auto refresh as well. It's a good time to be a caster - though I want Hastega soon.

R

WOW just had a mega omg moment, trust me to leave ffxi when it getting mega awsome. Damn whm ....I miss my taru riding around on a chocobo.

What are you a [deleted] monkey from the wizard of Oz, who buys a £50 game for something they do not even own yet. Well sorry to burst the naïve bubble of your spotless mind but this game is a bag of [deleted] right now.

Let us begin,

Good points

….Very good music
……rather good graphics
Cute kitty girls/

Bad points
Lack of content
Right now a craft simulator more than a mmo
Buggy as hell
Lack of content
Boring ass story
A system to stop you levilving up ….cause that what gamers want…to be told they can not level
A grind fest cause of the no content…and with the system in place to stop you levling…nothing to do.
Lack of [deleted] content …..getting message yet.
Rushed systems that need time to update.
Grapic specs set so high that for the next year or so NOOOO one going to be playing this game on full power…not that it would make it any better.

Now as Pantsman says to Inuyasha fans…

[deleted] MOOGLES, [deleted] chocobos, [deleted] grinding, [deleted] lack of content, [deleted] buggy system, [deleted] not being able to change city,[deleted] lalafell, [deleted] Mi qote, [deleted] elezon, [deleted] stupid ass boat. [deleted] MY FRIEND FOR MAKING ME STILL PLAY THIS [deleted] OF A GAME, [deleted] Tanaka, [deleted] SE AND [deleted] FINAL FANTASY XIV!!!

PS I was a mithra black mage for my time in FFXI and you White mages are sissy…we black mages do the spells that make people fall down!

Dude, Momo, especially for a first post that was not appropriate for the forum no matter how irritated with that game you are. Please speak with civility or I'm afraid we will clash.

R

it looked promising at first, but after a bit of digging and a few other people's opinions (namely Game Revolution, the only games review site i take remotely seriously) i'm not going to even bother

In love, war and gaming there is no speaking, or in this case typing with civility. Rui to think that we can all hold hands and sing ring around the posy is as childish as Welkins naive and childlike view on this piece of vile sludge. Plus other than my swearing, which was only a parody of a funny web comic, I see no fault at all in my post, and you seem to be nothing more than a stick in the mood intent on bringing down freedom of speech. Plus being a whm in you're Final fantasy XI life, you lose all respect points as that was possible the most sissy job in Final fantasy XI history...barring the bard that is.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Momo said:
you seem to be nothing more than a stick in the mood intent on bringing down freedom of speech.

:lol: Very funny Tachi-.

Your quote from a "funny internet comic" isn't really funny though when take out of context, it really just sounds like your slating things. I'm not really one to talk but I suppose you could always give some reasons why you don't like the game in stead of swearing, which seems to earn the wrong kind of attention for some reason :p

Also I like White mages, there useful with out them the party tends to you know...... DIE.

Ain't tachi- stu, otherwise why would tach be on the chat all the time ;p

To be honest, the post does come across as a little hostile momo, toning it down a bit would be high recommended. But i do kinda agree, from what i've seen/played, it isn't great. By any means. Hopefully with the XI team working on it now, things will improve, but it's yet to be seen.

Momo said:
In love, war and gaming there is no speaking, or in this case typing with civility. Rui to think that we can all hold hands and sing ring around the posy is as childish as Welkins naive and childlike view on this piece of vile sludge. Plus other than my swearing, which was only a parody of a funny web comic, I see no fault at all in my post, and you seem to be nothing more than a stick in the mood intent on bringing down freedom of speech. Plus being a whm in you're Final fantasy XI life, you lose all respect points as that was possible the most sissy job in Final fantasy XI history...barring the bard that is.

There are forum rules. You broke them. Since people seem naiive about this, freedom of speech does not exist on private internet message boards. Any more aggression and you'll probably set the record for fastest warning on the forums following your debut! I understand that you hate XIV - I'm pretty annoyed about it too - but attacking everyone you come across and being profane doesn't really make your point clear.

Not Tachi- of course, but it is somewhat interesting to see where you posted from.

Anyway, on the job thing, like many WHMs I am of course a BLM as well, having levelled it initially for my early subjob but also later on for enjoyment. As XI is a team game, I like all of the jobs. If this makes me a sissy without the respect of a new poster, I'll not to cry myself to sleep over it.

(BTW I play BRD as well. And THF. And so on...)

R

Ok let me start again, Dear Welkin in response to you're question on Final Fantasy XIV right now it is not without its flaws, there is a lack of content and and issue with bugs, at this time it might be best to avoid the game if you wish to be blown away by something amazing.

However I would like to bring up a point about Final fantasy XI, the us and UK did not get Final fantasy 11 till a year after it came out in Japan, and we got it with two expansion packs with it, making the game bigger and better. So it is my belief giving enough time, Final fantasy XIV will live up to many of the hopes and dreams of its fans. Just not right now...so its either wait if you want somthing you love, or play now and learn if there is enough there for you to love already.

Better of mighty ruler of stick in the mud Rui ??

P.S Sorry about the whole whm sissy thing, it was a joke I often had on FFXI, Shantoto was my idol and I was often cynical about the goodie goodie roles, but you are right, what made FFXI so great was everyone came together to do most things and without our whm we would have had a rougher time.

I wouldn't worry about Roy, Momo (BoFIII FTW, brother!) - he's a bit of a bastard, tbh. Just to talk **** (literally) with him, you HAVE to send threats. And he ignores you for months.

He acts like a woman when it comes to moderating, so fret not - you will not be banned.

As for FFXI, I spent 400 hours on it (most of it killing bees and fishing ducking moat carp), almost married a cat, and my last memory of the game is getting invited to a 9-1 Bastok mission, tanking these slime-things, going for the item after winning... and realizing I'd neglected to talk to a NPC. Piece of **** game.

FFXIV can suck me. I work better alone, and playing the role of heroic white knight just ain't the same as it used to be, in the good old days...

(When I played WHM out of boredom, I trolled my party by using my PLD tanking skills. Good times.)

Back