First album you bought

skikes

Stand User
13th birthday both bought at the same time

daft punk - discovery
im sure most of u have heard one of my many daft punk rants

basement jaxx - rooty
immense album not a single bad song and they USED to be pretty immense djs there most recent **** is awful pop tripe

Cereal Killer by Green Jellÿ, I believe. Aside from cassette tapes of kiddy music and music borrowed from parents.

R

I can't remember. It might have been (What's The Story) Morning Glory in about 1996. I wasn't really into music until I reached my late teens, partly because I spent all my money and spare time on anime :D

Tachi- said:
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
snap, that was the first album i bought, however it wasn't the first album i owned that was Alien Ant Farm - ANThology, it was a gift from my parents. Also to save grace i won't mention what the first and only single i've ever bought was...

I can't remember which it was but it was definetly one of these
The Marshall Mathers LP - Eminem
Chocolate Starfish - Limp Bizkit
All Killer No filler - Sum41

The first album that I got given was: U2 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

The first album I bought is hard. Possibly Green Day - American Idiot ( :( )

Though I do remember having my parents buy me some real **** (Steps... anyone?)

However, the first good album that I bought (that I actually listened all the way through) was Red Hot Chili Peppers - Live Hyde Park

Still a phenominal album :)

Mine was either one of these:

Rolling Stones - Fourty Licks (still love this)
The Clash - London Calling (this is still great, too)
Dr Dre - The Chronic
The Offspring - Americana

Spyro201 said:
Though I do remember having my parents buy me some real **** (Steps... anyone?)

Hahah, I remember my mum buying me a Steps album way back.

Spyro201 said:
However, the first good album that I bought (that I actually listened all the way through) was Red Hot Chili Peppers - Live Hyde Park

I remember seeing them in the Millenium Stadium on that tour. It was epic.

Blur - Parklife was the first proper Album I owned, I think in the year of release (1994), so I would have been just 8 years old. This is a happy coincidence that makes it look like I was a primary-aged kid with good taste in music. I really wasn't.

Me and my [older] brother have identical music tastes, so I usually just rip songs from borrowed CDs so I can more easily listen to them on my computer, and also so that I don't have to open the DVD drive, put in a disc, listen for 15-20 minutes, open the DVD drive, find another CD, etc, etc, etc. It's also more convenient for when the drive is occupied with a game disc.

Anyway, before going off topic too much, the first album I remember buying myself was about a year ago and was Radiohead's In Rainbows via digital download from their website. I haven't actually bought my own album since, and the only reason I bought that was because it would have saved me the effort of ripping my brother's inevitable CD purchase a few weeks later.

Maltos said:
Spyro201 said:

I've been waiting to see them live since Stadium Arcadium. I never saw them on that tour, and I regret it so bad.

Spyro201 said:
Maltos said:
Spyro201 said:

I've been waiting to see them live since Stadium Arcadium. I never saw them on that tour, and I regret it so bad.

I took me a few hours, continually phoning and waiting in line on the phone, to get tickets.
Hope you get to see them mate, they're great live.

Back