First images from Dragonball film appear online

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
The first few images of the live action Dragonball film have started to flood online, <a href="http://blogs.hoycinema.com/movieland/post/2007/12/15/aexclusiva-primeras-imagenes-dragon-ball-y-set-se">snapped by a Mexian film blogger</a>, and they clearly depict Justin Chatwin, as a relatively normal-looking Goku, wandering about his high-school.

At this point, it's unknown just how tight (if at all!) the movie will stick to Akira Toriyama's original story, but regardless, we won't have long to wait anyway, it's due out at US theaters by the end of August.

It looked like the pics could have been used for a high school comedy or something, not an action film like dragonball Z.

By the way who was that girl in the last picture?

I'm guessing it's been significantly changed to fit the American popular culture style, which also happened with Transformers.

I'm sure it's still going to be good fun though =).

Is it actually possible to create a live-action film (big budget) that is a true representation of the DragonBall franchise? I think not, to be honest, and even with all the special effects that are around at the moment (i.e Lord of the Rings style) it's cost way more than those movies combined to pull it off.

I'm sure it'll be possible in 20 years though : D

melonpan said:
I'm guessing it's been significantly changed to fit the American popular culture style, which also happened with Transformers.

I'm sure it's still going to be good fun though =).

Is it actually possible to create a live-action film (big budget) that is a true representation of the DragonBall franchise? I think not, to be honest, and even with all the special effects that are around at the moment (i.e Lord of the Rings style) it's cost way more than those movies combined to pull it off.

I'm sure it'll be possible in 20 years though : D
But Transformers started out as an American thing, including culture and style, so isn't really comparable. What they did with Transformers was to bring it up to modern technological (graphically speaking) standards.

Hmm... I think it might just start off in the modern world, Then they discover the power to become Saiyan or some stupid plot like that then fly off to space and have epic fights for the last hour.

I still have hopes off it though, Even if its not in touch off the original story. I haven't seen any of the DragonBall franchise so I wouldn't be able to say anyway.

I can't get the thought off the power-up scenes looking like Kanye West in his Stronger video though. Haha.

Zen 2nd said:
Gawyn said:
But Transformers started out as an American thing,

Transformers originated from Japan or are you trying to say that the Americans took the idea on board and made it their own?

Going off topic,
"The Transformers is an American animated television series depicting a war between giant robots who could transform into vehicles, animals, and other objects. Written and recorded in America, and produced for American audiences, the series was animated in Japan and South Korea, and was based upon the line of transforming toys originally created by Japanese toy manufacturer Takara, which were developed into the Transformers line by American company Hasbro."

Zen 2nd said:
Gawyn said:
But Transformers started out as an American thing,

Transformers originated from Japan or are you trying to say that the Americans took the idea on board and made it their own?

The toys started off in Japan, but the actual background and characters were developed when Hasbro licensed the toys for US release. And it was American that funded the cartoon and comics.

I want this film to be good but with every piece of news being announced I'm starting to lose hope - bit of poor casting on Emmy Rossum as Bulma, I just dont see it - well we'll still have to wait and see and hope it turns out for the best!

That guy in the pictures looks like he has one of those constantly whiney expressions that you want to slap ala Elijah Wood.

Well the director of transformers, never really liked transformers in the first place, he was convinced to do it and eventually gave in.

And Emmy Rossum is suppose to be wearing a wig to match Bulma's hair. Justin Chatwin was meant to be wearing a wig as well, but the director thought their hairs matched enough.

WalrusM3 said:
Well the director of transformers, never really liked transformers in the first place, he was convinced to do it and eventually gave in.

Though now, Michael Bay is suposed to be a fan of the transformers...Anyway i'm going to hold some judgement when the first teaser trailer comes our way which given the release date should be soon right?

I was just checking around about the DragonBall movie, after about 30 minutes looking at forums and similar about the movie, I ended up at Wikipedia's page once again. It says the director felt Justin Chatwin's hair already suited Goku so they decided on not using a wig.. I swear its not long enough. It also mentions that the talking human animals were taken out.. Wouldn't that affect Goku, I thought he was a monkey (Or at least had a tail). I really can't wait for the trailer, I have very mixed feelings about it, Hopefully the trailer will reveal all.

Also, I was checking out high-rating movie's, their gross and their budgets. I think This DB movie could pull off something like what Transformers did, Its budget was $150 Million and it pulled in $706 Million. It would really be kickass if something like that happened and it was actually good.

A trailer or a poster - Please FOX... Please.... :cry:

CitizenGeek said:
Wow, that didn't look anything like DBZ. I haven't seen much DBZ, but is there even a high school at all in that series?
Only late in the series, when Gohan is about the same age as Goku looks there. =/

I hope they at least have a driving school scene in this movie...pleeease? >_>

Really though, he doesn't know stuff...he's pretty thick to be honest, just a really good fighter.

That's why Chi-Chi wanted Gohan to study and stay away from his Goku's friends and stuff...but oh well. =/

Back