First Thundercats Image Surfaces

MaxonTreik

Chuunibyou
http://www.mania.com/first-new-thunderc ... 27947.html

Bleeding Cool has managed to acquire a snapshot taken at the London Toy Fair that shows off an image from the upcoming 2011 series for Thundercats that will be coming from Cartoon Network this year. The series is being animated by anime studio Studio 4°C which is known for their work on the Animatrix and Gotham Knights. the new series has some known talent behind it with am Register handling the exec producer duties while Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding are producers.

According to what little is known via Wikipedia, "The show has been hinted at explaining Lion-O's climb to the throne with a more original anime feel and darker style.[17] In early November 2010, former Lion-O voice actor Larry Kenney revealed that he would be playing the role of Lion-O and Tygra's father Claudius in the opening three-part episode of the new series."

ilmaestro said:
I reserve the right to be both appalled and fascinated.

Thats really strange, I was gonna post a topic asking if anyone had heard anything about this.

Agree with you tho, but at the same time can't wait :D

Would love it if they kept the theme tune from the original but can't see it

Well, I thought most of the cast's character design was well remodeled in general. There are, however, some parts that didn't go down well with me. I dont mind Lion-O's outfit compared the the old look, but his head! Looks too baby-faced - prefered the original.

I'll be looking forward to the release.

Wow, I knew nothing about this! Not sure what to make of it yet but it sounds more promising than the proposed movie. Either way, the new designs aren't all that bad, though they do look like they've been slightly moe-ified.

Maxon said:
Sunder. Sunder. SUNDERKATSU HAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I'd love to hear a remake of the OP in Engrish.

Seconded.

So, is this not getting a run on Japanese television at all? That's interesting. Has anything been said about the voice work? The originals or newbies?

Tigra looks better definitely, and Cheetara looks 'bigger.'

I'm guessing a bigger budget won't mean the main cast having to voice every other character as well ? ;)

Oh and Hopefully Tigra won't be known as the useless Thundercat this time around.

Sounds like they're honouring the old designs and ideas while giving it enough of an update to stand on it's own merits (I hope). Perhaps my childhood TV memories won't be butchered afterall...

Back