Freedom Blu-ray Audio Issues?

ussjtrunks

Adventurer
I just bought the Freedom blu-ray set from Hmv as I thought manga had fixed the audio issues but episode 7 is like a whole second off Is there anyone I can contact to get a replacement disk?

Unfortunately it won't be fixed unless the glitched version completely sells out and forces them to reprint the lot. So it's very unlikely they'll have any replacement discs to give out :(

You can always try prodding them on Twitter, perhaps they'll give you a consolation present or something.

R

Rui said:
Unfortunately it won't be fixed unless the glitched version completely sells out and forces them to reprint the lot. So it's very unlikely they'll have any replacement discs to give out :(

You can always try prodding them on Twitter, perhaps they'll give you a consolation present or something.

R

How the hell can they do that? Isn't there a regulation or law in the UK that forces them to recall flawed products? Hungary is far behind western standards, but even here if a company would do the same thing, they would have to recall it, otherwise they would be given a huge fine.

I don't think there's any law to force them to produce a functioning replacement. If you're not happy with a product you're still within your rights to return it for a refund, so it's a choice between a flawed product or your money back and no product. Not the best of choices, but still fair in the eyes of the law.

For what it's worth, I've been keeping my eye on the Australian release, and no one to date has complained about it.

Whether the Australian fan base is more accepting of flawed product, or whether the UK release got screwed up when Manga stuck their logo on the front is anyone's guess. I'm half tempted to import the Madman release (identical to the UK release for content), just to find out, but I haven't convinced myself that I want Freedom that badly.

I don't think we ever saw any complaints about the mono audio for Haruhi from Australia, and since we used their masters it must have been the same there.

Shiroi Hane said:
I don't think we ever saw any complaints about the mono audio for Haruhi from Australia, and since we used their masters it must have been the same there.

It's far easier to notice out of sync audio than it is to notice mono.

Back