Geneon get Higurashi; rumors Nanoha, Saiunkoku, Maria-sama

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
After a week of speculation through Anime News Network's licensing contest, Geneon have finally confirmed that they plan to release the "lolita horror" Higurashi (a.k.a When They Cry) on US DVD.

In addition, Geneon are also said to have registered website addresses for Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Saiunkoku Monogatari and Maria-sama ga Miteru, though they have not yet confirmed any of these series as officially licensed.

Re: Geneon get Higurashi; rumors Nanoha, Saiunkoku, Maria-sa

Paul said:
..."lolita horror" Higurashi...
-.-
Did you have to say it like that? Granted, it's not technically incorrect, but... it just makes it a little awkward to say I like it...

Anyway, those are some pretty interesting titles, it'll be great if any others get licensed. Although it may turn out just to be some sort of marketing ploy.

Re: Geneon get Higurashi; rumors Nanoha, Saiunkoku, Maria-sa

Ramadahl said:
Paul said:
..."lolita horror" Higurashi...
-.-
Did you have to say it like that? Granted, it's not technically incorrect, but... it just makes it a little awkward to say I like it...

I could have used "killer-lolis" but that's probably too much motaku talk for these straight laced news reports! I haven't seen Higurashi, but from what I've read else where, it seems the whole lolita aspect is a major pulling factor for most of the fans so I had to emphasize it's aesthetic involvement in one way or another.

OOooo....maria-sama! FInally a shojo-ai worthshouting. But I wish they'd licence Straawberry Panic over here instead ¬_¬

Troooly looking forward to Higurashi, (And kai?) getting licenced- hope they do a good job of translating the "awkward to translate" bits.

As for the loli-ness of Higurashi, if you forget a few cringeworthy lines from Irie-Sensei about Satoko and a couple of scenes of Satoko from one ep, I don't think it's that loli-ish at all.

One of my all time favourites, just re-watched it over the last few days- ready to get stuck into Higurashi Kai. Can't wait!

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Boo to all these licences. Geneon should 'waste' their money on Monster.
Uh, they haven't licensed Maria-sama yet, although they did eventually license the other 2 so things are loking up for marimite fans. Besides, while it would be nice to see Monster licensed (not that I'll buy it - getting the manga instead) these shows are all pretty good anyway.

Back