General Movie News Thread

Orlando Bloom? Really? It's the Daily Express so I'd take it with a massive grain of salt, but still...really? I'd go for someone like Josh Brolin or Karl Urban. I should be more excited for Superman vs Batman than I am, but Man of Steel was the most disappointing experience I've had in a cinema for a very long time. With the same creative team in force for this, I really have got my expectations low.

It really feels like Warner Bros don't know what they're doing with DC when it comes to movies. They really don't seem to have a plan and lately every move seems to be out of a desperation to keep up with Marvel Studios. I don't get it, they've got it together for their animated stuff after all! At least we got The Dark Knight trilogy...

I think one of the issues with making Captain America the central character of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is that there is a lot of anti-American sentiment across the world (which was in fact cited as a worry when making the first Cap movie).

I do think making Stephen Strange the focus of the MCU might be a bad idea, as much as I am looking forward to his movie, because his personality and origin are pretty similar to Tony Stark. Both were super self-absorbed geniuses who after suffering life-changing injuries, were left to completely rethink their lives, where they chose the superhero path. The only different is that Tony Stark relies on science, whereas Strange uses magic.

In regards to Iron Man post-RDJ, Kevin Feige has made it very clear that they will just recast the character. How the audience will react to that though, remains to be seen.

Marvel have apparently narrowed down the role of Hank Pym in Ant Man to 2 actors. Paul Rudd and Joseph Gordon Levitt.

I'm not an Ant Man reader so can't say who'd be the best fit, but I'd like to see what Rudd could do. He'd definitely bring a strong comedic element to it, but I'd like to see him get involved doing something a bit different. Considering he normally plays an "every man" it'd be interesting to see him as a scientist. I wouldn't be averse to JGL, I like him, but he's coming off playing Robin (essentially) and I'd be keen to see him do other stuff. Rudd would certainly be more in line with Marvel's other casting choices thus far.

A shoutout to Ath for pointing this out, but it looks like Ed Helms is planning to reboot The Naked Gun for Paramount and i just, think that's one of the worst moves i've seen in a while. There is no way it will feel right, especially without the legend that is Leslie Nielson. THey should have left it well alone, instead they do this. Urgh.

Source

Sony Pictures are working on Console Wars, a movie based on a book about the console war between SEGA and Nintendo. Considering that Sony are behind it and the description of the novel, I'm not sure of our chances of a fair fight xD.

Source

Back