General TV Discussion

Hah, haven't watched it yet but after someone mentioned it to me and described themselves as "couldn't speak to anyone in my house for about an hour afterwards" I can imagine.

I got pwned by the Metro's spoiler. Like Monday night someone on the MCM Group Facebook spoilt it but it didn't butthurt me so like many other people *rolls eyes* but seeing two screencaps in the Metro left me feeling gutted as it's one thing hearing, it's another seeing. So even though I knew what's to come, not knowing how it was going to come about left me still content...until that damn paper. Damn you! lol.

My Mum records it Monday night and her and I would watch it Tuesday night but with this Season, the boy would be over at mine that night so it's not been possible for me to watch any of this Season. This Monday is the last episode so basically, 15th and 16th, I'm having my much anticipated GOT marathon :D

CSI: NY has been on autopilot since season 6, which isn't really a concern for me because by the time I get to watching it, I myself am on autopilot. Even so, I'm getting the impression that the writers really wanted to end the show two seasons ago.

I'm also still playing catch-up with Law and Order: SVU; busy with season 3 now.

Gutted there's now an end in sight for Dexter. I haven't watched the last season yet so I must do before the last one airs. My Mums recorded them all for me thankfully. So after my Game Of Thrones marathon this weekend (about frigging time!!!!!!), I might have a Dexter one the weekend after. Think the boy stopped watching after like the second or third season but screw him. He won't watch all the others anywho :p

You know, I was kinda hoping that Top Gear USA would be terrible. I mean, how dare they try to Americanise Top Gear!? Yet here I am, three seasons in and willing to confess that I like this show more than the UK original. It's all to do with the presenters whose interactions seem less scripted and who have not yet devolved into parodies of themselves. Instead of trying to be funny, they just are funny, buoyed by Adam Ferrara's natural comic timing and quickfire wit. And speaking of Adam Ferrara, his nickname "The Wrecker" just sounds so much cooler than James May's "Captain Slow".

Anyone here got any love for Banshee? Have to say I loved it. Now that is manly show. Manly is all the best ways. I would thoroughly recommend it. At first I wasn't quite sold, but after maybe four eps I was completely hooked. The violence can be a tad gratuitous at times, but the characters are great. I'm hoping for a second season.

Lawrence said:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/18/simpsons-family-guy-crossover-episode/

TV is dead to me, now and forever.
We could look on the bright side, it might ultimately be the thing that kills both coffin-dodging shows.

Finally finished watching True Blood Season 5. Wanted to catch up before Season 6 starts. Well excited for it now.

Like anime, I'm behind on live action too.
Got about a season and a half of Supernatural, two seasons of Criminal Minds, a season and and a half of Sons Of Anarchy and a season of Dexter to catch up on :'( there could be more.

My bf hasn't seen any of these but I'm with him most of the time so I dont know if its fair to put him through watching them. Might just have to fit it in whenever I stay over at my Mummys!

Is anyone else watching the Netfilx original series Orange is the New Black?

It's created by the person who gave us Weeds, I'm 6 episodes in and I'm really enjoying it so far.
It's not as comical as Weeds and the comedy is a lot darker but I'm really enjoying it so far.

I'm also half way through Hannibal. Can't decided whether it's genius or just plain mediocre, it's always on the brink of both.

Well Netlix original series can certainly be good, as House of Cards was great. However, the fact that this is by the guy who created Weeds does put me off a little, Weeds was absolutely and truly terrible in my opinion.

vashdaman said:
Well Netlix original series can certainly be good, as House of Cards was great. However, the fact that this is by the guy who created Weeds does put me off a little, Weeds was absolutely and truly terrible in my opinion.

I've heard great things about House of Cards but never given it a watch.
I enjoyed the first few series of Weeds then it just descended in to stupidity and got a touch too unbelievable.

Orange is the New Black's humour is a lot more black comedy than Weeds and it has some incredibly interesting characters. I'd definitely recommend giving it a go.

Marvel and Netflix have announced that they have teamed up for four 13 episode TV series' based on Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage that will culminate in a Defenders mini-series event, beginning in 2015.

Source.

Back