Gilgamesh & Cromartie High School to air on UK TV

Sounds very interesting - I'm really glad that more anime is appearing on Sky Digital, and Gilgamesh is an interesting choice. Channels like Rapture and now Redemption are perfect places to air anime, where the viewer figures and expectations aren't set too high.

It's also worth pointing out that the reverse side of the same poster mentions that Cromartie High School will also be airing on Redemption TV.

If you've never heard if Redemption, how do you know Rapture is better? -_-

Redemption is towards the end of the music channels...every time I've flicked over to it, some woman has been interviewing some Italian (?) band, grinning about how drunk they got on their UK tour.

So it'll be nice to have some variety... ¬_¬

I've edited the topic with the Cromartie High School news - this is even better!

Well done to ADV.

Awesome, i'll have to watch Gilgamesh.

I love Cromartie but in the dub a lot of the over descriptive calmly spoken lines of shock that I found oh so hilarious are replaced with short bursts of shouting. Still people might still find it funny if they haven't seen the original.

Disco Machine said:
If you've never heard if Redemption, how do you know Rapture is better? -_-

Redemption is towards the end of the music channels...every time I've flicked over to it, some woman has been interviewing some Italian (?) band, grinning about how drunk they got on their UK tour.

So it'll be nice to have some variety... ¬_¬

I checked it and Rapture is way for my type. That channel is like aimed at goths, so olny gothic anime will appear on there. meh, I'm not missing much on that channel, lose the gothic look and I will watch it

Rukario said:
... o_0 Cromartie High School is far from Goth.

Yeah, but the whole channel seems to scare people, olny the goths will be watching the channel. rapture is alright, its aimed at youths, but Redemption seem to be aiming at goths, which cut the popularity down.

I listen to so called goth music but I wouldn't call myself a goth.

I'll watch Redemption but I still wouldn't call myself a goth.

WTFDaveMustaine said:

Goth music are kinda.................... weird. But people think I'm wierd for listening to Japaneese music and Games soundtrack. lol

Depends what you call goth. Some people call David Bowie and the Delgados goth music.

If you won't watch a channel just because it looks a bit 'goth' then you're a pretty closed minded person.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Depends what you call goth. Some people call David Bowie and the Delgados goth music.

If you won't watch a channel just because it looks a bit 'goth' then you're a pretty closed minded person.

Well, don't knock it til you try it. Probably have to see how well it goes.

keyblade_master uk said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:

Goth music are kinda.................... weird. But people think I'm wierd for listening to Japaneese music and Games soundtrack. lol

There's little to no goth music remaining nowadays. What you're seeing/hearing is probably a variation of emo.

Back