Global Shinkai Day!

Maltos

Stand User
2ebrb74.jpg

As I know quite of few people on the forums are Shinkai fans, thought this would be worth posting. Next Saturday, the main english speaking Shinkai forum are hosting the first annual Global Shinkai Day! You may have seen it mentioned on the net in some places. It got a little bit of press from ANN, but heres the info;

Fans of Japanese anime creator Makoto Shinkai are gathering worldwide in cyberspace February 27-28 for Global Shinkai Day 2009. The unofficial English-language fansite Cherry Blossoms Falling (http://cherryblossomsfalling.myfastforum.org) is hosting the event with discussion and contests, calling upon fans from every part of the globe to show their appreciation and support for the works of this highly-acclaimed director. A chat widget will be available on the main page for fan discussions. Contests will held for inspired fan-made works in art, film and essay. No subscription is necessary to participate. Participants who own copies of the four anime by Mr. Shinkai (She and Her Cat, Voices of a Distant Star, The Place Promised in Our Early Days, and 5 Centimeters Per Second) are encouraged to watch these in chronological order during some portion of the 24-hour period beginning at 8 pm EST. A proposed schedule is posted on the site.

The unofficial Chinese-language fansite (http://www.shinkai.cn) will also be participating, showcasing fan-made short films inspired by Mr. Shinkai's works. The unofficial Japanese English-language fansite Makoto Shinkai Fan Web (http://daike.hp.infoseek.co.jp) is also lending its support through news and information.

More info on the schedule of the day is posted here~
http://cherryblossomsfalling.myfastforu ... ut229.html

I'm a member over there and I'd encourage anyone whos a Shinkai fan, and owns one or more of the films, to join in at some point in the 24 hours, even if only to watch one animation. Should be a good day! And if anyones interested theres still a week to get entries in for the contests.

Ryo Chan said:
Spyro201 said:
Ryo Chan said:
Bankai >>> Shinkai tbh

LOL

i just thought i'd get it in there before someone else did

it was going to come sooner or later ;)

I was gonna, but you beat me to it dammit!!

I srsly thought the show was turning into Dragonball when I found out the Captains could have thier restrictors taken off lol.

Oh I worried.

Spyro201 said:
Ryo Chan said:
Spyro201 said:
Ryo Chan said:
Bankai >>> Shinkai tbh

LOL

I srsly thought the show was turning into Dragonball when I found out the Captains could have thier restrictors taken off lol.

Oh I worried.

Then you should probably stay away from the latest chapters then :wink:

BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:
Ryo Chan said:
Spyro201 said:
Ryo Chan said:
Bankai >>> Shinkai tbh

LOL

Oh I worried.

Then you should probably stay away from the latest chapters then :wink:

Please dont get **** Bleach....

I really love the show. I'd hate to see it die by copying DBZ

I'm hopeless.
Just so much as looking at those little thumbnails of his films on cherryblossomsfalling and my eyes start to well up.
As brilliant as his filmography is though, I normally only watch his films when I feel the occasion's right. The real tearjerkers I need to prepare for in advance.

Maltos said:
"ComixWave, in conjunction with [site to be named shortly] have come together to offer 3 Shinkai films, for free, on the Internet."
Only 3? She and her Cat not good enough? Humbug I say!

I have the DVDs myself, so though I appreciate this gesture I won't be needing to stream anything.

She and Her Cat happens to be one of my favourite (although, its still doenst beat 'Other Worlds'~ best short film ever).

And yes, it is very kind of ComixWave to do this, even if most people who'd consider taking part would probably already own the DVDs, hahah.

Back