Gunslinger Girl 2 anime on the way?

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
<a href="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-06-05/marvelous-entertainment-to-make-more-gunslinger-girl">According to Anime News Network</a>, anime producers "Marvelous Entertainment" are said to be planning a sequel to 2003's acclaimed action-drama "Gunslinger Girl". It's worth noting that the original manga (by Yu Aida) is still on-going in Japan.

Another interesting fact about Gunslinger Girl is that it was an especially expensive 13 episode anime TV series to produce; eventually, over &pound;700,000 was pumped into the production. It remains to be seen whether or not Marvelous Ent. will sustain this budget.

Gunslinger Girl has been released in the UK by Revelation Films.

I guess this is partly down to Funimation constantly asking Japanese companies to make [edit]*sequel's to*[/edit] series. They seem to have no luck with Fruits Basket 2 yet though, if Gunslinger Girl 2 is down to them however, maybe it'll happen : )

I thought this was excellent news right from the first murmurs I heard of it (I still don't think they've confirmed whether it'll be a TV series, OAV or movie). The series did end a bit abruptly so I think there's just cause for following more of the manga if that's what they plan to do.

Quite frankly 13 million yen is money well spent - every aspect of that series was outstanding! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Great news been waiting for this for along time. Never liked how the original show just ended so will be good to have more of the story and character development. Although can see it ending just like the first series as like it says the mangas still on going. Will have to see what they do :?

Even though I've yet to see series one I've got the boxset... maybe I should watch it and see if it's a good idea.

This is great news as this is one of my top five anime. However, even if the project goes ahead, it would be maybe at least two years before it reaches the west. So that still leaves me cursing ADV and their cessation of the manga. I never could find an explanation of why they put it on hiatus. Possibly not wanting to promote a Funimation anime?

harkins said:
This is great news as this is one of my top five anime. However, even if the project goes ahead, it would be maybe at least two years before it reaches the west. So that still leaves me cursing ADV and their cessation of the manga. I never could find an explanation of why they put it on hiatus. Possibly not wanting to promote a Funimation anime?
ADV Manga got put on hold because they acquired too much too soon and couldn't bring it all to market since it was already saturated at the time. They will be continuing most of their titles in the near future, where their licence has not lapsed.

Well, I liked the 1st series, and it would be interesting to see a reaction of the girls to what happened in the last episode.
Well, if they can pull it off, I will probably watch this next series too (lets see if it's got the original girls or a new story/group...)

harkins said:
Well don't know if you know but there is a new volume of the manga coming out next month in July Vol 4 So maybe the hiatus is over?

No, didn't know that. I'd long since given up looking. Nice one, that's more good Gunslinger Girl news then.

Amazon have upto volume 6 available for pre-order! Brilliant.

Sweet, about time some news like this came along.

This was one of the first anime series i'd watched subbed.
Thought the anime was good but it did end too sudden, hopefully they can finish it off better this time around :).

Sounds good to me.
Havint seen the original but do plan to purchase the boxset having heard good things.

Now all we need is to hear about SAC 3rd GIG.

DaNiMe said:
I guess this is partly down to Funimation constantly asking Japanese companies to make [edit]*sequel's to*[/edit] series. They seem to have no luck with Fruits Basket 2 yet though, if Gunslinger Girl 2 is down to them however, maybe it'll happen : )
But only if FUNi puts up some serious Yen. I know the manga is still going strong there in Japan, but knowing that all the girls don't have long to live how much longer can that go on? I for one wouldn't be that interested in seeing each one get killed, or later die slowly because of their condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm goıng to be very happy about thıs ıf ıt turns out to be true. I've been sayıng how ıt would be great to see thıs serıes contınued and for there to be a posıblıty of that beıng true ıs great. I dıdn't know the manga was stıll on-goıng, I may gıve ıt a read. Gunslınger Gırl ıs personally one of the much better anıme serıes' I've personally seen.

Back