Gust & the Simple Sprites

AT LAST!!! AT3 is official out. I'm so pumped I could almost pee my pants (if I was wearing any).

The DLC content for Binary world is available too, as well as simple theme (which isn't worth it's pennies for a pic you can find elsewhere). All that's needed now is the patches that I mentioned earlier.

Also I came across this titbit of info:
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2011/1377.html

Considering a new update and squeal to Idea Factory's, Hyperdimension Neptunia. There is also talk of the Western release of the second Arland game, Atelier Totori around the end of September. It will come under the subtitle "The Adventurer of Arland", (rather then "Alchemist of Arland 2", for unknown reasons) set five years after the events of Atelier Rorona, with stunning visuals from Mel Kishida.

I'm not entirely sure if the years between Rorona and Totori will be the same as the Japanese version since NIS aged Rorona and Cordelia due to 'certain' content. It could be just 2 years to coincide with the Japan version so their 19 and 18 respectfully, or aged them 22 and 21. Either way I hope this doesn't botch the story if the perhaps talk of past advents.

Onto presentation:With many western releases there's always a need to use a different picture on cover, though compared to the cover of America's Rorona it doesn't look so illusive and frankly, all-over-the-place. Though here comes the interesting part, in the premium addition they plan on releasing the box that holds the game and other content has the cover of the Japan release.
UPDATE: Aberrantly (or just as usually, however you see it) Europe doesn't have the choice of a Premium box-set, but we will be retaining the original artwork on the cover

Japan release
atelier-totori.jpg

US release
300px-Atelier_Totori_US_Boxart.jpg

EU release
61C-yUV15CL.jpg

Premium box-set
51furhcwQiL._AA300_.jpg

Max Takeshi said:
I enjoyed Rorona, though it did feel exhausting to play at times.
That's a good way of putting it. It's an enjoyable enough game but the time management stuff was a pain in the ****.

So why have I already ordered and paid for (Paypal) the Totori set? I blame Mel Kishida, the outrageously talented swine.

ilmaestro said:
Yay for using the proper artwork, although the US cover art was surprisingly OK too.

From what I gather (and just looking at the list on amazon) America decided to us the cover of their game from what was the cover from Japan's OST. More mind-boggling then an AF thread

I'll properly end up doing what I did last time and get the soundtrack separately from the game. I'm not sure where's the best place to get the Premium set if I wanted too, unless from America. Which A) half the online stores like amazon don't ship or B) charge astronomical amounts

fabricatedlunatic said:
So why have I already ordered and paid for (Paypal) the Totori set? I blame Mel Kishida, the outrageously talented swine.

That and Tony Taka, CURSE HIM and his unreleased games from Sega

My LE has arrived.

NISA's "art book" is a little underwhelming, small in size and mostly comprising character profiles and production art, with only four portrait-style pieces (all heavy on the fanservice, naturally). I'm thinking I'd have been better off saving a tenner and buying the UK version instead, especially seeing as I probably won't be able to use the extra party characters DLC in the EU store.

There is the soundtrack, too, but I doubt I'll listen to that much.

In happier news: Oh my - how Rorona has grown in the five years since the last game...

fabricatedlunatic said:
NISA's "art book" is a little underwhelming, small in size and mostly comprising character profiles and production art, with only four portrait-style pieces (all heavy on the fanservice, naturally). I'm thinking I'd have been better off saving a tenner and buying the UK version instead, especially seeing as I probably won't be able to use the extra party characters DLC in the EU store.

Got mine today and I feel the same. It's a shame but it does make me want a proper sized Kishida Mel art book.

And on that note has anyone got the Atelier Series: Official Chronicle that's on Amazon? If so is worth the price?

Yeah, but that requires me to set up a US account (effort) and pay over the odds for a card (£9.50 for a $10 card on ebay). It depends upon how desperate I am to have Ceci (seen here rightmost of the three girls, drool) as a playable character.

MercenaryRaiden said:
Got mine today and I feel the same. It's a shame but it does make me want a proper sized Kishida Mel art book.
I was hoping for something more along the lines of the A4-size books Atlus included with Persona 4 and Luminous Arc 2. Or at least a small hardback book like Persona 3 got.

I was going to buy the Atelier Chronicles art book before realising that it covered all (I think) Atelier games and not just the Kishida Mel stuff, which is all I'm interested in. There was a Rorona/Torori book but I think we've missed the boat on that one ;_;

My answers would be a) why didn't you set up a US and JP account as soon as you got the machine b) oh, I thought you meant it was a free download code and c) pretty desperate, I'm guessing. ^^;

fabricatedlunatic said:
MercenaryRaiden said:
I was hoping for something more along the lines of the A4-size books Atlus included with Persona 4 and Luminous Arc 2. Or at least a small hardback book like Persona 3 got.

I was going to buy the Atelier Chronicles art book before realising that it covered all (I think) Atelier games and not just the Kishida Mel stuff, which is all I'm interested in. There was a Rorona/Torori book but I think we've missed the boat on that one ;_;

Aww that's a shame. Don't get me wrong I still hold a soft spot for the designs of the Atelier Iris games but they've just moved on so much with Kishida Mel's.

Speaking of *good* NISA LE's the one for Ar Tonelico 3 is excellent. A proper A4 sized hardback artbook, the ost and a calender. Even better is that NISA themselves accidently gave my friend 2 and told him to keep both! Got mine for free! :D

Lucky so-and-so...

I had a look at NISA's forums and apparently they do the hardback art books only for games they expect to sell relatively well. Otherwise they get little softcover booklets. Boo.

ilmaestro said:
My answers would be a) why didn't you set up a US and JP account as soon as you got the machine b) oh, I thought you meant it was a free download code and c) pretty desperate, I'm guessing. ^^;
You guess more or less correctly. There are a couple of free pieces of DLC (including the model viewer :nosebleed:) so I'll try those to see if they work before going to the "trouble" of setting up another account. I'm lazy, okay!?

For some reason my UK credit card works fine on US PSN (it doesn't work on US iTunes etc though) so you might be lucky.

R

You mean try the free codes in the UK store? You've actually confused me further. ^^;

Rui: Does it still work now? After all the kerfuffle with PSN being hacked, my card decided to work on the JP store (having not worked in the past), but after some recent update it now doesn't work again and I have to buy expensive credit tickets. D:

ilmaestro said:
Rui: Does it still work now? After all the kerfuffle with PSN being hacked, my card decided to work on the JP store (having not worked in the past), but after some recent update it now doesn't work again and I have to buy expensive credit tickets. D:

Hmm, it worked pre-hacking whereas some other regions didn't, but I haven't had anything I wanted to buy from that side of the pond in a while ^^;

I'll let you know if I try it and fail in future (gah at missing out on Japan though - I loaded up on Japan credit after a previous trip and still have tons stored over there but putting more on directly would have been good).

R

I don't even know why they care about stopping foreigners from buying digital stuff, anyway. :( I was just starting to get back into using my PS3 and PSP, too, but that soured me somewhat.

Fortunately a friend of mine will be back in England well before the Vita comes out, so I can get them to bring me some tickets over with them.

Back