Haruhi Light Novels to get english release.

My guess would be a late autumn release in which case, or possibly the start of the autumn season. It really depends on how long they intend to make this series, since bar it being based on novel 4, we know next to nothing about the rest of the series.

I'm reading the manga and it's definitely a rip off of the anime. I'm enjoying it though, as I simply can't ge enough of Haruhi now.... =)

I got the hardback version of the novel today and it has been done really well and the artwork for the cover is the same as the Japanese version :D

MONONOKE said:
I got the hardback version of the novel today and it has been done really well and the artwork for the cover is the same as the Japanese version :D

Ah so you did get it today then! you got logged out when i asked on the chat ;p. In which case i will have it at home now too. Should be a great read i think....again.

yes i have to consider the novel

i looked at the manga, i lol'd. God knows why the characters look 5 years younger

I like the anime, for the extent of visual representation even though there are parts missing from the novels. but parts that are changed im unsure off.

Otaku-san said:
yes i have to consider the novel

i looked at the manga, i lol'd. God knows why the characters look 5 years younger

I like the anime, for the extent of visual representation even though there are parts missing from the novels. but parts that are changed im unsure off.

From what they adapted...a lot of it sticks extremely close to the light novels, there was very very minor bits added to it but asides from that, nothing that dreastically changes anything. In that respect its not like FMP TSR where i can point out the obvious changes from the transition from light novel to anime. Don't think there is much left out from what they did adapt too, if anything.

ilmaestro said:
Who has done the translation?
The book is released under the Yen Press label. The actual translation work (if that is what you are asking) is credited to Chris Pai of MX Media LLC.

I suppose it will be American 'English'.

I have the first Karin novel, and while I enjoyed it, the Americanisms they put it jarred me quite a bit. :evil:

Apologies to any Americans that might be present, but it seem we always have to settle for their version.
(How they say Mum is a pet hate).

"The Of Haruhi Suzumiya Melancholy". I hate it when they do that, even though I was probably going to get the hardback anyway. Now I have no choice but to.

I agree, though; clever marketing indeed.

SundayMorningCall said:
damn, Play.com says 6-8 weeks delivery on what i assume is a light novel

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/6707 ... oduct.html

My advise would be to order from up1 say or TBD. I've got mine already(hardback version) And that was only a day to get here as well.

Also it seems that the Hardback and paperback versions are being released at differing dates, is that because of the cover art and stuff or what? Or is it being counted more like a first and second edition thing?

Arbalest said:
SundayMorningCall said:
damn, Play.com says 6-8 weeks delivery on what i assume is a light novel

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/6707 ... oduct.html

My advise would be to order from up1 say or TBD. I've got mine already(hardback version) And that was only a day to get here as well.

Also it seems that the Hardback and paperback versions are being released at differing dates, is that because of the cover art and stuff or what? Or is it being counted more like a first and second edition thing?
It is usually the case that hardback novels precede the paperbacks by a short while although a month, as seems to be how this is proceeding is quite a short time since it is quite often three or four months in my experience. It is like a special edition for avid book collectors with a mass-market paperback print later down the line. In this case, I suspect, they probably don't expect massive uptake overall for something that is likely to be somewhat niche so aren't limiting availability/uptake of it (through higher priced special editions) as would normally happen.

Hardback version arrived to me today.
First impression, very nice. All the art seems to have been kept in tact; colour pages still there (at the back); and it just seems a nicely produced book in general.

Lets hope the translation is as good as the appearance.

RetroRainbow said:
I asked Waterstones when it would be out, out of sheer curiousity. Although I knew the date, I just wanted to ask. To confirm it, I suppose. The clerk looked somewhat confused, and had to ask me to spell out Haruhi Suzumiya, with Suzumiya having to be spelled twice. The computer told him there was no such book like that.

Oh, well. Silly Waterstones clerk.

It's only officially released in the US/Canada I thought, at least I'm pretty sure there are only prices in Dollars on the back...

Back