Hello ppl

Rikimaru

Completely Average High School Student
Hi, I'm Hussain, 23 from London. I never joined a forum mainly anime oriented let alone UK based and since I watch anime quite alot and happen to live in the UK I thought I'd give this place a shot. Hope we all get along ^_^

Welcome to the group, lil' man from Capital City! (Well, it is our capital...)

I can say that, since I'm 23 too, but meh... So what are you into in terms of shows/genres? Feel free to express yourself in the other sections too. :)

Well, happy surfing!

Mmm, another londoner. Welcome here. Mind telling us what you like in anime / manga?

I'm working in the city (close to moorgate tube station) and i live in the southeast.

Thank guys for the welcomes ^_^

I watch the general weekly god damn this is long stuff i.e. Naruto/Bleach/Katekyou Hitman Reborn, however I like quite a range of stuff from the old skool like Riding Bean, Hyper Police, Fushigi Yuugi, Goldenboy to more modern stuff (Black Lagoon, Darker than Black, Pani Poni Dash, K-On!, Azumanga Daioh etc..) bottom line is if I find it interesting then I'll watch it regardless of its genre.

The first time I saw anything anime related was an advert for Guyver (old series) while reading Sonic the Comic when I was very young, the animation struck me like an iron mallet I was instantly curious as to what this was and eventually found out. The way that the faces were drawn were just facinating to me and as I actually watched anime it struck me how detailed and imaginative this kind of stuff was. Oh and finding out their voices were supposed to be Japanese was a big relief to me, I'm really not a fan of dubbing...

As for manga well not into it as much nowadays, mainly because I'm in a stage now where I want to hear/read Japanese as much as I can, when I get better I'll start reading more Manga but in Japanese. Some stuff that I have read include Black God, Saiyuki, Get Backers, Zombie Powder (shame they didn't finish it) and I own all the Deathnote mangas (never watched the anime).

I'm also into JDramas :p

I live in Northolt which kinda sucks since my uni and friends etc live in central (used to live in Earl's Court)

Douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu :)

Welcome Riki. Sounds like you've been generously seasoned in the world of anime. Some great choices there.
Hope you enjoy your stay here in AUKN. :D:thumb:

Rikimaru said:
Thank guys for the welcomes ^_^

No problem, mate. :) Thanks for dropping by.
Rikimaru said:
... to more modern stuff (Black Lagoon...

That's very kool, dude. Respect...
Rikimaru said:
while reading Sonic the Comic when I was very young

OMG, a Legend in the works!
Rikimaru said:
Some stuff that I have read include Black God...

You just bought yourself a friend, buddy!
Rikimaru said:
Douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu :)

Dunno what that means, but I'll guess at "Please take care of me" or "Please, treat me kindly" etc.
To which I say, "Grab yaself a drink, cuz the round's on me!" :D

Back