Hello there (:

Yo, nice to meet you all.

I've been watching the site for just a few days now, and it's been really helpful already.
I had a lot of trouble getting any news about anime UK releases, so thank you for the great site :)

My name is Ethan, I'm eighteen years old (just), and like everyone here I'm English. I'm starting a foundation art course in august and the year after I'm going to University to actually pursue a career in animation. I'm not exactly new to anime but only over the past year have I really gotten into it and started the little collection that stands proudly on my shelf. I was drawn to anime so much because of the massive diversity and unique nature of so many of the shows, some of which couldn't be accepted or even exist other mediums (western animation, movies, television) but in anime imagination can truly thrive.

Some of my favourites are Cowboy Bebop, Azumanga Diaoh, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ouran High School Host Club, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle. Mainstream, I know, but I'll get to the underappricated gems (just ordered the Mushi-Shi boxset) once I've covered the 'gotta watch' pile. I also have a fair little manga collection that keeps growing but I've gone on enough for now :)

If you're still with me thank you for reading!
Looking forward to getting to chat with some fellow UK anime fans :)

Yo!

I'm guessing your limit will be one week. But, regardless, it's nice to see a poster who can string more than a few sentences together. It's rarer than you'd think on here.

As you progress, you'll discover that most manga/anime just copy each other. Diverse compared to live-action rubbish, yes, but anime does get tiresome after awhile. There's a lot of ****** anime in existence; ****** anime that lack in originality.

Since you like CB, you'll like Samurai Champloo. Probably. It was made be the same team and is very similar to CB in terms of execution.

I'm going to get into the FMA manga...whenever TBD send volumes 2-5. I'll probably have gone past where the current FMA anime is at before I get to read volume five...

One last thing: If you want to start your collection in style, enter the sales thread, find my post with links and order Berserk and Wolf's Rain for £17.99. Unless you have worse taste than a bothersome poster known as Fabio, you'll rate both between 8-10/10 - 10/10 in the case of Berserk if you want my respect.

Hi there, welcome here.

As Aion already pointed, posters that strike more than a few sentences are rare and I'm not one of them.

As Aion also said, if you liked Cowboy Bebop, you might like Samurai Champloo as well. Samurai sword fights and hip hop proved to be an effective combination in that one.

I've just got Mushishi myself, we could compare opinions once I've watched it as well.

Thanks for the welcome Aion + chaos :)

I checked out the first few episodes of Samurai Champloo but I wasn't really getting into it enough to spend £40 on it. I'm not sure what sure what it was, I just don't think the characters did it for me, and while I don't have a problem with episodic anime it just seemed like every episode was about Fuu geting captured. Really loved the hip-hop soundtrack and fight scenes though.

The FMA manga really is worth the attention and yeah, the new series is closing in on the end of volume 3 of the manga. I really want to check out Wolf's Rain but I can't find it anywhere for a half reasonable price (I found your post Aion, but they're temporily out of stock on both Wolf's Rain and Beserk). As for unoriginal anime I'd say thats unavoidable for any medium but regardless the free-pass to be creative still appeals to me massively.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to watching the rest of Mushi-shi I look forward to sharing opinions on it once we're done :)

Out of stock does not mean PlayUSA won't be able to get stock if you order. Both haven't been out for that long and Wolf's Rain won't be going OOP anytime soon.

Spyro201 said:
Aion said:
Ah, I see, so that's your problem. I understand you better now.

:lol: And what is that supposed to mean?

sheep-shagger-apron2.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

*looks at picture*

you know that isn't the worst that's been on this site :p but having a sister who lives in wales with a welsh boyfriend i've exhausted that line of jokes now.

Aion said:
Spyro201 said:
Aion said:
Ah, I see, so that's your problem. I understand you better now.

:lol: And what is that supposed to mean?

sheep-shagger-apron2.jpg

Aaaaah the ol' sheep shagging tradition eh?

Sadly for you, i'm living in a town so that's not my thing :p

I take it back, I'm british, like all(?) of us. :)

Mhm. I can't remember exactly but I dont think Chaos, the admin, is British. I'm nitpicking here though.

Welcome again XD

So, tell me Spyro, how different does having 'sex' with a sheep feel compared to sex with a human?

TC: Samurai Champloo was a 7/10 show for me until the excellent last three episodes, which can be taken away from the rest of the series and be viewed as an awesome one hour movie, full of Samurai sword swinging and a dramatic fight to the death on the edge of a cliff. Both CP have great endings - that's the grearest similarity of the two.

iisan said:
Thanks for the welcome Spyro.
I take it back, I'm british, like all(?) of us. :)
I'm brazilian =P

We also have some ROI, polish, italians and hungarians if my memory serves me well.

But that's not the point here, the website is about anime and manga fandom in the UK, regardless of gender, nationality, religion, etc, etc, etc.

Welcome to the madhouse, don't feed Aion or Spyro any chocolate, they're hyper enough as it is ;)

if you like Cowboy Bebop, u may enjoy Outlaw Star too

You haven't seen Outlaw Star?! Check it out!

Ah, Welcome to the forum. I see your thread has excited a few of the members *looks at Aion/Spyro conv* Yikes! I'm sure you'll fit right in here Ethan.

Good list of anime there and like the Bonaparte avatar! :)

Dominion FTW!

BlackWolf said:
Actually it looked more like the tank from Metal Slug but i think it may work both ways in this instance :p
Now that you mention it. It does! Oops, ah well I got to Bigup Domnion Tank Police anyway! Maah! :p

Back