Hello to people.

Zin5ki

Railgun
Greetings to all.

I've been an anime fan for a year and a half or so. I'm quite active on ANN's forum, but thought a more local environment might do me some good as well.

I myself am quite a happy chap. Even though my favourite food is bread, I try to be interesting from time to time.

Hello!

Tell us a little about what kind of anime you like if you want to start a topic. And please feel free to stick around and join in existing topics. I'm a humourless, unintentionally gender-ambiguous long term fan with a penchant for fantasy, BL, innuendo and historical shows.

What kind of bread do you like most? I'm a slave to any kind with chopped olives baked in.

In a short while a load of people will likely post in this topic and lament that new members always leave after the introductory post. Prove them wrong so I can make them eat those words, please.

R

Rui said:
Tell us a little about what kind of anime you like if you want to start a topic.
My genre of choice is romance. Makoto Shinaki's works, a couple of moe titles etcetera. I tend to watch other genres a little more though, typically sci-fi. (It follows that I'm quite fond of sci-fi romances, if they're done to my liking that is.)

What kind of bread do you like most? I'm a slave to any kind with chopped olives baked in.
Sliced wholemeal. From Tesco Value all the way up to the big brands. I'm also quite partial to naan and pita bread. It's all wheat, ergo all good.

hey there! welcome here dude(tte?)

Tell us a bit more about your favourite anime and manga , that's a good way to start here =)

chaos said:
Tell us a bit more about your favourite anime and manga , that's a good way to start here =)
I have to admit, I'm not much of a manga fan. I've read some things, but I don't really respond to graphic novels in general very much.
If it's of any interest to you, Akira is amongst my favourite anime- nobody blows things up quite like Katsuhiro Ōtomo.

One of the more controversial views I hold is that, although I've only seen each film once, I prefer Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence over its predecessor. What it lacked in shock value it made up with in viewer satisfaction. Conversely, I enjoyed the first Patlabor film more than the second, even though both were quality works.
I'm not completely off-the-wall with my opinions though. I still prefer End of Evangelion to the television version; the latter just confused me, whilst the former left me traumatised for several days. On that subject, happy and cheerful endings aren't exactly my cup of tea (another controversial view of mine: I don't like tea). A somewhat tragic film tends to resonate with me quite significantly, which explains why Metropolis and Voices of a Distant Star remain my top-two anime.

As regards episodic anime, Kanon is my current favourite, with Elfen Lied, SaiKano and Key the Metal Idol following it. They not overly cerebral works, with the possible exception of Key, but I find entertainment value is always of greater importance than a show's complexity.

Thanks for the warm welcome thus far, chaps and chapettes.
(If it's relevant, I'm a chap.)

Howdy hi hi there, and welcome to the forums. Bread is great, i find it somehow fits into every kind of meal, breakfast, lunch, dinner, you name it, even better when you can get a cheap loaf, specially when you're a student like myself =p.
On the anime front, nice choice in Kanon there, its rated amongst my favourites as well, but i have to say most of the other titles i have yet to see, though i have considered picking up Patlabor if i could ever find it as well as Voices from a Distant Star.

Also, please feel free to tell us what news you would like to see on AUKN over onthis topic.

Welcome to to the forums Chap.
Nice to meet you. ^^ See you around the threads some time.

Oh, and good call on Saikano too. Not usually my thing but found it derpressingly entertaining. But then, I love anime series that finish with the end of the world as we know it.
:twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:
Voddas said:
Oh, and good call on Saikano too. Not usually my thing but found it derpressingly entertaining. But then, I love anime series that finish with the end of the world as we know it.
:twisted:

To be honest, I hated saikano; It was just annoying with all the crying and stuff; I couldn't bare it for any longer than 3 episodes :p

Anyway, 'Hello to Zin5ki' :d

Last edited by a moderator:
Yagami said:
To be honest, I hated saikano; It was just annoying with all the crying and stuff; I couldn't bare it for any longer than 3 episodes :p
I know, that's why it was depressingly entertaining. Plus I didn't cry! Honest! O_Q

Yo! Welcome to the group. You remind me of a Simpsons where Lisa/Moe become a poet... I'm guessing you must be one of the graduation students Lisa feeds. :p

I likes me Tiger or Hedgehog bread the most. Best toasted with some butter (instead of the usual margirine).

Chaz said:
I likes me Tiger or Hedgehog bread the most. Best toasted with some butter (instead of the usual margirine).
I suppose that's a winning combination. I myself always go for margarine- it saves precious penny.
(Currently, the cheapest brand at my local Tesco is Vitalite.)

Back