Hellsing vol.8

mbygons

Brigade Leader
Just finished Hellsing vol. 8. Was just wondering if anybody else has read it yet? I thought it was very good although it gets a bit crazy and hard to follow by the end when anderson transforms? I would have liked to have seen Seras but i guess Alucard has been out of the action for a while.

So Kohta Hirano is a death note fan (although if you have not finished the manga don't read the editorial at the end its spoilerific)!

I cant wait to see this volume as an ova in about four years or so, although it will surely be the most violent ova ever if they follow it as closely as the others (well at least that i have seen)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hellsing has been a bore since the Nazi storyline kicked in and this volume didn't change my mind. The only reason I still read it is because my friend still picks up the manga.

mbygons said:
So Kohta Hirano is a death note fan (although if you have not finished the manga don't read the editorial at the end its spoilerific)!
I just lost a little respect for Hirano. >_>

Though he wants to feel up Nami from OP. ._.

Anyway, I too dropped the series like Dave midway into the Nazi arc, it just got boring.

I think it has been a great series. It may have moved off the one shot stories that i agree were fantastic but i think the longer nazi ark has distinguished it from other vampire manga/anime series around.

I have really enjoyed the character development, Seras going from a new initiate to a fully fledged Draculina was great to see. And i love how he is willing to turn a major character like walter from the hellsing organisation into serving the nazis and then barely reference it at all in the following volume.

My only real criticism of Hellsing is that Alucard seems to be impossible to kill. It kinda takes the element of anticipation out of each fight. I will be continuing with it although i wouldn't be surprised if its another lengthy wait for vol. 9

Next paycheck is goin towards The Rest oF Hellsing Manga.

& the Obvious Reason Why Alucard is hard to kill Is Simple Hes Dracula. Dracula Is Impossible To Kill Therefore Alucard would have the same ability

I liked it, the only downside to it was how quick it was to read compared to how long it's going to be till the next volume, makes me wonder how much longer the letzes batailon arc will last for (it could be easily summed up in one volume but would be too rushed). It's good to see alucard without restrictions and that section III are able to find some useful relics.

It's out?! (grows bat wings a flies to local comic store).

I saw bits of volume 8 in scanilation though its not the same as having it in printed form. As for Alucard being an invincible monster, maybe that is so, but at the end of this volume he becomes surprisingly emotional about the whole Anderson-nail thing. So we could be getting closer to seeing exactly what makes him tick.

Back