help please!!

It may be a bit too late for X-mas, but this is a list of shops in London that deal in anime and manga. It's not complete by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a start. If anyone knows of any to add, post them here or let me know.

Forbidden Planet
179 Shaftesbury Avenue, London WC2H 8JR
+44 (0)20 7420 3666
Map

Easily the biggest geek shop in London, FP is full to the gunnels of anime, manga, comics, DVDs, merchandise and oher bits and pieces of cool stuff. The anime and manga section downstairs is impressive, with just about everything you could care to name, and manga titles are usually on offer too. The big downer is that the prices are often a bit on the high side, and they don't always have the volume you're looking for.

Orbital Comics & Collectibles
148 Charing Cross Road, London WC2H OLB
+44 (0)20 7240 7672
Map

A close second to FP in terms of stock, Orbital also have a surprising amount of manga titles to choose from, as well as a vast selection of comics. The DVD and merchandising sections leave a little to be desired, but the atmosphere is cool, and the staff friendly and knowlegable.

Mighty World of Comicana
237 Shaftsbury Avenue, London WC2H 8EH
+44 (0)20 7836 5630
Map

Comicana don't really deal in manga or anime, focusing instead on western stuff, but I included them on this list for the sake of completion. What they do though, they do very well, and if it's old issues of Spiderman comics you're after, this is where to go.

Gosh! Comics
39 Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3NZ
(+44) 020 7636 1011
Map

The one time I went to check this place out it was closed, so I don't know exactly what they stock. Still worth a look though, as it's not far too far from the others.

Honorable Mentions:
The HMV and Virgin stores on both Oxford Street and Picadilly Circus have respectable shelf-space for anime. The prices are typically high street, but there are occasionally bargains to be found.
Likewise, Waterstones and Borders now have surprising manga sections. There are various branches dotted around central London, but the largest are (again) at Picadilly and Oxford Street. Don't worry too much about missing these places - you'll see them ;)

Again, if anyone knows of places I've missed, post 'em here. We'll get a complete list of these places yet!

Theres also a Japanese centre somewhere in London, but I'm not sure if it sells loads of Anime/Manga stuff, I never been there before so I wouldn't know >.<"

Strawberry said:
Theres also a Japanese centre somewhere in London, but I'm not sure if it sells loads of Anime/Manga stuff, I never been there before so I wouldn't know >.<"
It's about 100 metres away from Piccadily Circus station. If you're facing Vigin Megastore (previously Tower Records) if you cross the road on the left side of it it's about a 15 second walk. Really close to there.

It's ok for manga which is all upstairs, but not really much/any anime in there.

Back