Help with fake ds

Feather

Brigade Leader
I brought a okamiden ds game from ebay for xmas for my boyfriend. The game was not in a box of any kind, just a cartridge on its own. My boyfriend played the game on his dslite and after a while of playing the game and getting stuck at a point in the game where he had to cut 2 stone lanturns. They would not cut and the boy called kuni that was riding on the white wolf chibi disappeared after looking it up on the internet, it seems this is a sign of a fake game cartridge. What Im worried about is has the fake game damaged my ds console / is there any chance of it having virus on it from the fake game / would it be safe playing other ds game on the console in the future or are there any way at all that the fake ds game has messed up my ds that could damage my other ds games if I play them on the ds?

Happy New Year

Don't worry, it wouldn't have done the console any harm (at least it's highly unlikely).

You have to be careful when buying DS games on ebay or Amazon Marketplace - fake cartridges are abundant. I don't know if it'll do any good, but you should report the seller to ebay.

If you paid by Paypal, raising a dispute through them is another possibility (and they always favour the buyer if the seller doesn't respond). Get that scoundrel's account closed :)

R

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Games cannot damage consoles. Computers maybe if there's a virus in the game somehow but consoles don't really work like that.

Unless it's a Dreamcast, though this was only word off mouth

Back