Hi everyone!

Hi there! Thank you. :)
I actually think the manga is far superior than the anime. Have you read the manga at all? : )

I know people always say that the manga for any series is usually better than the anime, but I collect anime, not manga. I don't even read any manga; my book reading days are long behind me. It's been at least 20 years since I picked up any kind of book and read it, lol. I was an avid reader in my younger days, but now since I'm getting close to 60 I prefer video eye-candy, at least while I still have my eyesight! Actually though, I'm a strict sub-only anime fan, so I do read all of my anime, at least. ;)

I know people always say that the manga for any series is usually better than the anime, but I collect anime, not manga. I don't even read any manga; my book reading days are long behind me. It's been at least 20 years since I picked up any kind of book and read it, lol. I was an avid reader in my younger days, but now since I'm getting close to 60 I prefer video eye-candy, at least while I still have my eyesight! Actually though, I'm a strict sub-only anime fan, so I do read all of my anime, at least. ;)
Have you considered glasses though? Or has that already past? I used to, from a young age, but of course I got bullied for it and I thought I looked like a dork so after 2 year college I stopped wearing them, I also didn't cut my hair or shave often when I wore glasses... but now i think I need them! Last I heard about my eyes proper is that they are an odd shape and a possible cause of a touch of short sight

I've worn glasses since I was 11 years old, with a brief stint wearing contacts for a few years in college. I've had progressive lenses (bifocals) since I was 40. It's not that I can't read, I'm just too lazy to bother anymore, now that I'm in my close-to retirement years, lol... I simply have no desire to read manga or books anymore.

Besides, I have a nice projection theater setup in my basement with a 120" screen and 5000 watts of surround audio to watch anime with, so I need to make use of that as much as I can... :cool:

That's interesting, because for me it's the other way round. I used to watch anime all the time, then decided to read manga more. Now I'm interacting more on forums I get recommendations for anime every other day and it makes me want to watch everything under the sun. 24 hours a day? Not enough. Should be at least 48 : )

Welcome to the forums.

24 hours a day? Not enough. Should be at least 48 : )
Definitely. I've only been watching anime series seriously for about a year now, so there's lots to catch up with. Check my MAL page in my signature for my Plan to Watch list for all the various shows on my list. Do you have a MAL account?

Welcome to the forums.

Definitely. I've only been watching anime series seriously for about a year now, so there's lots to catch up with. Check my MAL page in my signature for my Plan to Watch list for all the various shows on my list. Do you have a MAL account?
Thanks, I'll check this out now. I'm taking my time to complete my profile page with all the anime and manga I've seen/read.

No way I would either ;) I'm trying my best to remember everything but I'm sure I'm missing, erm, at least 20 or 30 titles.
Heh, I know that feeling. I keep finding stuff on there I never filled in first time around. Hell, I even tried rewatching something I had no memory of watching until I started it...

Back