How do I become a mod?

Invisible Crane

Adventurer
I've been going to forums for years but there's one thing on them I never have had the chance to be and that's a moderator. It's just I've wanted to be one but felt nervous because I figured people would say no to it, but if I was given a chance to be one what do I need to do to deserve it?

Prove that you can be trusted to be one. This means being a good contributer to a forum and being civil to everyone.

Not asking to be one also helps. :roll:

As Maxon says, in the case of forum moderation the best rule of thumb is usually seen to be never give the job to someone who actively wants to do it.

Never push for it, you will never get it. That's one of seeing it. The other is trust. If the webmaster/admins feel you are up for the job, chances are, they will ask you if they want to consider you for the role.

Also, ignore Ryo, you'll go far ;p

If your name was Aion, all you'd have to do is ask. The key requirement is an aura of authority and the respect of other, lesser individuals.

Thing is, it'd be pointless. Only admins can ban, and moderators have sweet **** all to do... which is why even those with the IQ of my dog, Princess, are allowed to do it.

Unless I edited a certain image in at the end of every post made by Maes, what would be the point?

It's pointless, The admin died a long time ago when his prized doujinshi shelve tumbled on top of him, only his thick head broke the fall.
Each time I read some doujin from comiket, I always think of him. I've never been able to fap the same

PS defiantly ignore Ryo (He's a fenomon)

one becomes a mod the same way one walks into mordor

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7lLACHGh-ME?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7lLACHGh-ME?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

According to Wiki, a suit and an Italian scooter would be a good start. It's a bit out of fashion, though.

Well, someone had to. I waited and waited and I couldn't wait no more!

Ryo Chan said:
one becomes a mod the same way one walks into mordor
leostrut.jpg

Back