Howls Moving Castle In London

Mangaminx

Stand User
ANN are reporting that the London premiere of the latest Ghibli film Howl's Moving Castle will be at 7:30pm on Friday September 2nd at The British Academy. It will be part of BAFTA's London Japanese film festival. There will also be a reception hosted by the Japanese Embassy. ANN reports that tickets for the whole event will cost £10 and can be reserved by e-mailing [email protected].

Mangaminx said:
ANN are reporting that the London premiere of the latest Ghibli film Howl's Moving Castle will be at 7:30pm on Friday September 2nd at The British Academy. It will be part of BAFTA's London Japanese film festival. There will also be a reception hosted by the Japanese Embassy. ANN reports that tickets for the whole event will cost £10 and can be reserved by e-mailing [email protected].
... It was shown in Cambridge 2 months ago, how is this "the premiere"?, or do they make an exception because that was probably the Japanese version?

Edit: no Nope, it was the English version, so how can they claim a premiere for a film that's already been shown?

kupoartist said:
Mangaminx said:
... It was shown in Cambridge 2 months ago, how is this "the premiere"?, or do they make an exception because that was probably the Japanese version?

"London Premiere" is the words used , so I presume they mean its first showing in London ;)

Mangaminx said:
"London Premiere" is the words used , so I presume they mean its first showing in London ;)
Crafty buggers :p

BTW, Howl's Moving Castle was Runner-up for the audience prize at the Cambridge Festival, AFAIK

Mangaminx said:
I guess this one is more of a high profile thing being in London, more official i guess, it would be cool to go to the event

Back