Howl's Moving Castle Teaser Trailer

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Dark Horizons have uploaded a 2m 15secs teaser trailer for Hayao Miyazaki’s latest anime Howl’s Moving Castle. While the picture quality is far from the usual standards, this short video does provide several interesting glimpses into the much anticipated film.

Also, Ain’t it Cool News have posted up a positive review of the film (as always, be weary of spoilers).
Source: Anime Nation

Looks good. Miyazaki is one director i've never been sure I like or not. I liked Spirited Awau for the same reasons I didn't. Which made no sense to me. That and some of his art style isn't what I normally go for.

I've never come across a Miyazaki anime that I haven't loved (but I'm still yet to catch a lot of his earlier stuff). My personal favourite of his is Princess Mononoke, but Spirited Away isn't without its charms too. His films have this unique atmosphere, and seem to effortlessly feel like timeless classics.

I wish he would tackle a serious sci-fi story; his intrepretation of something like Evangelion would be fascinating.

Anyway you look at it Miyazaki strikes me as a childrens director, and to me his films are firmly stuck in 'wonderland'. But in an interview with Miyazaki I came across on the BBC a few years ago, i read that he doesn't want to produce films that fit the anime sterotype of big robots, sex and violence. Which, lets be honest here is what Evangelion was all about.

Back