I seeketh eBay advice

Aion

Time-Traveller
I'm feeling too lazy to type an essay, so I'm going to keep this short.

I purchased 2 PS2 games from a seller, totalling up to £7.04 + £1.99 P&P each. Since I've won 2, I expected the seller to lower the P&P cost and combine without being prompted to do so, but I decided to give him a nudge. The first time he raised the P&P to £5.97 by mistake, then he lowered it back to £3.98 - The full P&P cost for both separately.

How do I handle this problem? I refuse to pay £4 for someone to send 2 PS2 games.

Nein, he didn't. I simply assumed it would be something sellers do naturally, not something they need to say they will do. He's most certainly a **** if (like it seems he's going to) he refuses to lower the P&P costs.

What makes it worse is that the P&P is "Seller's Standard Rate", which basically means he could send both 2nd Class in one used jiffy bag for £3.98. It pisses me off, but I'm not sure if the headache of having a strike against my account is worth the £4 we're going to argue over... I did get one of the games for 99p, so I suppose it would be wise just to pay the money.

Aion said:
Nein, he didn't. I simply assumed it would be something sellers do naturally, not something they need to say they will do. He's most certainly a **** if (like it seems he's going to) he refuses to lower the P&P costs.

What makes it worse is that the P&P is "Seller's Standard Rate", which basically means he could send both 2nd Class in one used jiffy bag for £3.98. It pisses me off, but I'm not sure if the headache of having a strike against my account is worth the £4 we're going to argue over... I did get one of the games for 99p, so I suppose it would be wise just to pay the money.

Spoiler-ed the C word out. Please don't use such offensive language.

I think you should pay the £4. There's no point starting a useless arguement

Last edited by a moderator:
If he didn't state in his description that he combines postage costs then he doesnt have to. You should have been more careful before you bought them if it's a problem or asked him beforehand. Simple as.

While I agree I should have checked beforehand, surely it should be logical for a seller to automatically combine postage? All they have to do is put 2 DVD's into a jiffy bag instead of one and half the P&P...hardly rocket science. Any seller who refuses to combine postage is simply ripping off buyers.

Plim Chan said:

My sincere apologies, Miss Plim. You must forgive me for forgetting I was in the electronic company of such high class persons as yourself, the type who never allow their ears or eyes to be tainted by poisonous words.

Well you can't do anything about it now, just pay up. Personally I don't think the guy has done anything wrong, he can charge whatever he wants for postage and you agreed to it once you confirmed your bid.

I'll pay later - Right now me and the seller are in the middle of confusion as a result of him not knowing how to lower P&P. He agreed to lower postage by £1, I agreed to pay and he raised P&P by £1 by setting the P&P for 1 of the items to £2.99 instead of both. -___- I might as well wait for him to learn how to send an invoice correctly since he's agreed to remove £1 already.

Things actually cost a lot more to post than most people think. I sold a lot of stuff on ebay last year, and the amount I had to pay to post the stuff shocked me. I lost money on every item in terms of charging too little postage.

Aion said:
Plim Chan said:

My sincere apologies, Miss Plim. You must forgive me for forgetting I was in the electronic company of such high class persons as yourself, the type who never allow their ears or eyes to be tainted by poisonous words.

Sick burns.

Just so you gays know, the seller agreed to the lower the P&P by £1, sent the correct invoice and I paid. I was hoping for £2 since he's bound to send it 2nd Class, but...

Aion said:
I would argue to the death over any electronic injustice. :D
There's a difference between injustice, and paying £2.00 extra. Just cough it up.
Aion said:
While I agree I should have checked beforehand, surely it should be logical for a seller to automatically combine postage? All they have to do is put 2 DVD's into a jiffy bag instead of one and half the P&P...hardly rocket science. Any seller who refuses to combine postage is simply ripping off buyers.
Logical: yes.

Essential: no.

Kurogane said:
Aion said:
Plim Chan said:

Sick burns.

Sorry for wanting this place to stay relatively friendly and swear free.

ffs.

Plim Chan said:
Kurogane said:
Aion said:
Plim Chan said:

Sick burns.

Sorry for wanting this place to stay relatively friendly and swear free.

ffs.

I'm a very friendly, kind and caring person by nature. How does swearing make me less nice?

"ffs" stands for 'For ***** Sake', btw.

Back