Idolm@ster 2

MikeP

School Idol
There seems to be a couple of us playing (or planning to play) this so I thought I'd make a thread.

Tonight I've been finishing all the sections of the extra episode to get the bonus accessories and costumes. Now I'll probably head back to my second playthrough with Miki, Mami and Chihaya.

Anybody know whether when we'd expect to hear about the next DLC?

Ah, excellent, I was starting to think it maybe needed its own thread.

Remind me which girls you produced first time around?

I am intending to go Makoto/Yukiho/someone (possibly decided by a heads-and-tails tournament, inspired by MercenaryRaiden)

DLC packs should be pretty much monthly going by the 360 version, not sure exactly when they would reveal which content is going in each one, though.

I haven't posted which girls I produced the first time round yet.

My first playthrough was with Mami (leader) / Yukiho / Yayoi. I have to say I'm not particularly fond of the last two so I'm not sure why I ended up with them.

MikeP said:
I haven't posted which girls I produced the first time round yet.
That would explain why I couldn't remember then, lol. ^^;

My first playthrough was with Mami (leader) / Yukiho / Yayoi. I have to say I'm not particularly fond of the last two so I'm not sure why I ended up with them.
Haha. I guess there is an argument that you could play through with some of your less-liked girls on that difficult first play through, and save your favorites for when you have better outfits and stuff.

ilmaestro said:
Haha. I guess there is an argument that you could play through with some of your less-liked girls on that difficult first play through, and save your favorites for when you have better outfits and stuff.

Hence why I'm glad my heads tail tourny didn't end up with Miki or Makoto. Sure Miki is part of my team for my first but she's not the focus - Haruka is.

I *might* go for a Miki/Makoto game for my next round, partly as it's taking me so long to get some free time to play, but for this first round I'm just focusing on getting down what I have to do and well. I only just scrapped through a quintet festival in my latest week (With the help of Hibiki and, of course, Makoto)

Great idea on the thread. I don't feel like I'm cluttering up the games you've played thread now with random musings on the day to day life of bringing up idols :p

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4tVNWxGbRAI?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4tVNWxGbRAI?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Saw this on /a/ the other day. This guy is Belgian, I think. Is your body lady?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maxon said:
I would get it myself, but I don't know Japanese. I am counting on you to tell us about it, maes.

I barely know any myself. Certainly not enough to understand the entirety of the game. It's perfectly playable and enjoyable regardless.

ilmaestro said:
^^ Not even that video can tame my excitement now that this has finally turned up. ^_^

Awesome. So who have you settled on for your unit? Makoto/Yukiho/Miki?

^^ Not even that video can tame my excitement now that this has finally turned up. ^_^

ilmaestro said:
Well I started by being way too professional about choosing my third character:

http://challonge.com/imas2playoff

(That's right, DOUBLE ELIM BAYBEEEE)

It's like the coin (a 50p piece) knew. D:

Fantastic :D I'm not sure if I'll use the double elim way to pick my second troupe (And lord knows it'll be a bit more even considering there won't be an odd number of idols to compete for spot number 1.) but I need to figure something out. Maybe double elim for an even number and a league elimination sports style table where everyone faces everyone else with odd numbers. I...Won't be arsed to do that one by hand though and will instead resort to the magic of the internet.

I barely know any myself. Certainly not enough to understand the entirety of the game. It's perfectly playable and enjoyable regardless.

Agreed. My japanese has gone pretty badly (although repicking some up as i'm playing along is just weird. It's like remembering something long lost that you did as a kid...) but I'd still say there's enough of a game in there to enjoy.

MikeP said:
ilmaestro said:

Awesome. So who have you settled on for your unit? Makoto/Yukiho/Miki?
Yup. ^_^ I'm just messing around with some Skyrim tweaks until someone leaves the house and I can play iM@S without fear of interruption. :D

MercenaryRaiden said:
Maybe double elim for an even number and a league elimination sports style table where everyone faces everyone else with odd numbers.
This is truly taking it to the next level, haha.

MikeP said:
Maxon said:
I would get it myself, but I don't know Japanese. I am counting on you to tell us about it, maes.

How much is barely though? Even from anime I know very little. Are there translations/walkthroughs somewhere online?

Maxon said:
MikeP said:
Maxon said:

How much is barely though? Even from anime I know very little. Are there translations/walkthroughs somewhere online?

I don't know how much barely is. I've had no formal teaching and only taught myself hiragana, katakana and a handful of kanji previously. Although I can get the basic jist of a voiced conversation, which helps a lot.

There's a couple of English language references like http://imas.wikia.com/wiki/The_Idolm@ster_Gameplay_Wiki so you should at least be able to get a decent grasp of the game if you wanted to play it.

MikeP said:
Maxon said:
MikeP said:
Maxon said:

I don't know how much barely is. I've had no formal teaching and only taught myself hiragana, katakana and a handful of kanji previously. Although I can get the basic jist of a voiced conversation, which helps a lot.

There's a couple of English language references like http://imas.wikia.com/wiki/The_Idolm@ster_Gameplay_Wiki so you should at least be able to get a decent grasp of the game if you wanted to play it.
Thanks for that link. It's pretty helpful.

DiGiKerot also has an English language guide to the demo on his blog, if you wanted to check that out before buying the full game:

http://www.beta-waffle.com/blog/?p=2817

And there are some JP language wikis that still have some helpful stuff, as you can match up the kanji and such in the "correct" choice that you want to make in dialog options and whatever else.

ilmaestro said:
MercenaryRaiden said:
Maybe double elim for an even number and a league elimination sports style table where everyone faces everyone else with odd numbers.
This is truly taking it to the next level, haha.

It is a very serious decision that has to be undertaken with the right ammount of care and attention to detail!! :p

Aha, my third song on playthrough 2 (Shiny Smile) has hit #7!!

Nice! Hopefully you can hit number 1 on that playthrough! What costumes/accesories are you using?

Princess Melody (Ryuugukomachi's Nanairo Button outfit)
Some sunglasses
A burger shaped necklace
A ring of beads which you get from one of the extra episode routes
Some other item that I can't remember
Then I have the amulet that slows the rate at which the multiplier decreases for Visuals and Dance.

EDIT : I got some PSN yen earlier so I now have Miku and Kami Summer

MikeP said:
ilmaestro, how goes getting started?
Intense! People say Dark Souls is hard and mentally tough to play, just try playing iM@S after you don't choose the right dialog option and end up with a Normal Communication!

Up to about week 14, am just about to release my second single (GO MY WAY!!) after having my first one (MEGARE!) burn out in the mid-80s ranking.

I have a bit of an unbalanced fan-base having taken on Miku in one of the Special Fes - even losing to her netted me about 15,000 fans in that area. In my defence, I did perfect every appeal in my song (and she doesn't actually thrash you as hard as Ryuuguu Komachi do), but it feels weird compared to the numbers you gain after any other event at this stage.

That "just... one... more... week" feeling is quite strong. :s

The rock paper scissors game... I still don't think I've worked out how to lose reliably, even though I lost my first four and only just accidentally won one right at the end.

Also, Iori's dere side is too much in the few interactions you have with her. :lol:

MikeP said:
EDIT : I got some PSN yen earlier so I now have Miku and Kami Summer
Ace! I'm going to get Kami Summer once I've finished this playthrough, I think. I checked out the Miku costume in S4U!, looks great with the big cats paws-looking hand accessories imo. :lol:

Back