is fanservice a killer?

Do you like fanservice in you anime or not?

• yes, I love a serie with fanservice, whats the point in watching a serie without there being half na

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like fanservice as long as it dose not get in the way od the story.

• I dont really noticed fanservice so i dont really care if it has it.

• I try to avoild serie which have alot of fanservice in it.

• I hate fanservice, any serie that has fanservice is evil and i refuse to watch it. I find it offensi

• Total voters
Colin said:
Charter_Mage said:
half naked cute anime boys would be better
Arguably this is also fanservice.
'cept I've never seem them other than topless (hard yaoi excluded of course :wink: ). And if there is ever a shot of a mans crotch, it's usually from a stupid, comedy anime, never anything serious :lol: (If you know of one, I'd be happy to check it out :wink: ).

On further reflection, I think we're using the wrong definition of fan service. We're really just talking about the boobs-and-pants variety, but that isn't really the extent of fan service. The whole point of the term, after all, is to include anything that exists solely to gratify fans and doesn't really contribute to the show.

Under such a definition, plenty of other things count. Male nudity, for example, where it actually appears. Excessive gore or mecha use, vague yaoi or yuri implications, and plenty of other things can all be considered fan service.

What do people think of this kind of fan service?

Colin said:
Under such a definition, plenty of other things count. Male nudity, for example, where it actually appears. Excessive gore or mecha use, vague yaoi or yuri implications, and plenty of other things can all be considered fan service.

What do people think of this kind of fan service?

I must admit that I go out of my way to track down anime titles that are overflowing with bishounen/sexy male characters and I do class this as fan service, or rather I call it Eye Candy anime :lol:
There are plenty that come into this catagory too (most of them I own :wink: ).

So, from a female point of view, no it isn't that nice to sit and watch tons of crotch and panty shots, or too much anime with wobbly or heaving bosoms, but I can understand why male viewers enjoy that aspect of a show.

Basically all Miaka-chan said kind of sums up what i would have said, or rather how i feel, except for the fact that i don't own most of the anime full of bishounen and sexy male characters....thats not to say i wouldn't like to

Back