Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami. Yoko Kanno tribute

Professor Irony said:
Anyone else having trouble donating to Crunchyroll through PayPal?

My order keeps coming up as a "Payment Error" at the Crunchyroll checkout and I think I'm not getting the 'confirm order' screen during the paypal process.
I payed it by Paypal via my bro's CR account but having the card priority to one of mine. The payment went well for me, and I had to do it twice (since I didn't update my $5 donation to $30 the 1st time, so I did $25 separately.)

I did it about 3 days ago, I think.

Now it turns out Reactor 3 is a Plutonium reactor and "might have a crack in its containment vessel." "we forgot to mention that one". :roll: And they wonder why they have a credibility problem?

Reactor 3 uses MOX we've known that the whole time.
Plutonium escape isn't the problem (too high a melting point, over 3k °C). Caesium(BP 671 °C) iodine (BP 184.3 °C) and strontium (BP 1382°C) are. They boil at more reasonable temps, gas is far more likely to get out than a solid or liquid.

http://www.tepco.co.jp/en/press/corp-com/release/11031704-e.html
on unit 3
"We continue monitoring as it was reported that the pressure of the Suppression Chamber temporally increased at around 6:15AM on March 17th."
compare to unit 2 (the known breach in containment):
"At approximately 6:00am, an abnormal noise began emanating from nearby Pressure Suppression Chamber and the pressure within this chamber decreased."

No speculation, just the straight facts.

The credibility problem is becaus they have covered things up before .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tepco#Scandal

Wind power needs space though, and does the land of capsule hotels have enough to spare?

Project-2501 said:
And a thorium reactor is only meltdown proof if you use mixed fuel & coolant, but this coolant is molten salt at many hundreds of degC so if there is a leak you've got a mega problem of red hot molten salt and fissile material going everywhere. You wouldn't want to mix that with water :)
I've only ever heard of molten salt in relation to solar towers.

Back