Jinki Extend any views?

desert_skunk

Brigade Leader
Hi, I've just watched the 1st episode of Jinki Extend (free disk with newtype) and while it looks good I've heard a few bad reports that the series turns into a complete mess ( their words not mine). One of the many reasons this is a good forum are the often truthful views given by you guys, has anyone here seen the complete show, and if so what is your take on it?. Is Jinki worth purchasing (I've recently been made redundant 'workwise' and until I find further employment I don't want to waste my cash on poor purchases/shows.

Thanks for any Help DS.

Don't watch it - it's not worth your time.

I too thought that the first episode showed at least some promise, but things start to degrade rapidly; most significantly (for me, at least) the plot is terrible, swiss cheese metaphors springing to mind, and the characters are poorly developed. While the character designs are quite distinctive (not great, but ok) the mech designs were poor and generic.
Overall, I was left with the impression of a series that was trying to be Evangelion, but didn't know how.

Still, there is one good point - I actually really liked the ending theme to the series. Nothing else I can think of to recommend it though...

Back