Just as planned, Manga Ent. confirm Death Note anime for UK

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
2008-02-15dn.jpg

Earlier this morning we received confirmation from Manga Entertainment that they intend to release the 37-episode Death Note anime TV series in the UK. Contrary to the <a href="http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/5164098/Death-Note-Vol-1/Product.html">listings</a> on online shops, there's still no confirmed release date. The short official statement reads as follows:

"After much speculation about Death Note, I can now confirm with you that Manga Entertainment will indeed be releasing the series in the UK. We can't currently confirm dates just yet and we are aware that there is a listing on Play and Amazon."

I wouldn't normally be excited about it but that choice off pictures has made me quite eager to get these now. ;p

I do indeed hope they do a good job at releasing the series. I want to know what type off situation they are going to be releasing them as well.. 4 episodes?.. 5 episodes? I believe 5 is probably the most likely going by a few off their releases. Also - How safe do you lot think it is to say Manga Entertainment are VIZ Media's UK distributor?

Nice that they've finally come out and admitted it. With this and Black Lagoon coming out in 2008, we're seeing two sure-fire hits in the UK. I really hope both series get on UK TV - possibly Anime Central.

Well this is good news. Guess they got tired of everyone bugging them going are you releasing it? are you? are you? If they have decided to let everyone know now. So yeah now all we need to know is when they are coming out an how many eps we get a release?

My gut is telling me to wait until the series is fully released before I buy so I won't be stuck with messed up subs halfway through the series.

Tasker said:
10 to 1 odds that the Subs are cocked up. :p

Yeah, that's my fear aswell. Gits 2nd GIG was frankly appalling in that regard, and with a show like Death Note that is so heavily plot driven poor subs would be a disaster. Still I heard the dub is good so it wouldn't be the end of the world.

I simply will not buy the Mangle version if they **** up the subs. Death Note is nearly all talking and has one of the best JP voice acting performances I've ever heard, so bad subtitles simply will not do. Unlike of fighting series like Naruto, I hope they put some effort in, but what I've read about the GitS subtitle quality doesn't give me much hope.

I'm not sure what my plan of action will be if Mangle **** up. Importing the future R1 box set would get me killed by customs and collecting the individual volumes isn't something I really want to do when it's a 37 episode series.

Will be waiting for a box set as I've read all the manga and have both the movies and no matter how great the animated version might be I have other fish to fry for now.

Of course if Manga do a Bleach/Naruto with the release plan I may well reconsider...

I hope it has good subs but it wouldn't affect my purchasing if they're the usual effort. It would just be a big shame for people new to the series :(

R

Well I'm a dub man, so all I want are some sign-subs

The 1st Volume of Karas was ruined by the fact that I had to switch the subs on & off :x

BTW, does anyone know if they sorted that for Karas Vol 2. I had an e-mail from a guy at Manga saying they would sort it but you know what they are like.

Already buying the R1 singles myself. As for the subs I have not watched it subbed yet, but I can say there is no seperate sign sub track on the R1s as I had to turn the subs on for one episode where someone is reading a letter but not reading it out loud.

I'm really looking forward to this release, Manga have given up on dubtitles so this should be a pretty good release, plus with amazon saying 8 episodes across 2 discs we shouldn't have to wait more than 3 or 4 months between releases.

Amazon are probably right with the 8 episodes a set, if you look at it:

Set 1 - Episodes 1-8
Set 2 - Episodes 9-16
Set 3 - Episodes 17-24
Set 4 - Episodes 25-32
Set 5 - Episodes 33-37 With Two Hour Special

Back