Kart Klub VHS anime

Otaku-san

Chuunibyou
Not to sure where I could have put this, but I went to Aldershot the other day, and In one of the arcades has this shop called "Kart Klub". Anyhow long story short they got a stack of anime on VHS going for £3 each, I never really got any off them but I'm sure someone likes to get them on VHS.
Such Titles they had was:

-Odin
-Angel Cop 1-6
- Urotsukidōji (3 different ova's)
- a couple of Rumiko Takahashi films (can't remember the names, one had a vampire in a sailor fuku of sorts)
- a Leiji Matsumoto film (subtitled only)

Most of these where dubs, and damn if I can remember the names of them. There was a few odd EVA and Nadesico, but nothing of a running set. If I go there again I'll take a pencil and pad to note them down

Would the Leiji Masumoto one have been "The Cockpit" by any chance? It's the only film of his I can remember getting a UK VHS release.

Somehow I now feel a tremendous urge to try and push Odin and Angel Cop onto the viewing list for the local anime society...

Professor Irony said:
Somehow I now feel a tremendous urge to try and push Odin and Angel Cop onto the viewing list for the local anime society...

AAAAAAAAGGGGHH!!! Don't you do it! Don't you do it! NOBODY deserves that!!!

Professor Irony said:
Would the Leiji Masumoto one have been "The Cockpit" by any chance? It's the only film of his I can remember getting a UK VHS release.

As ex head hancho, I would be against that. That and I think the Uni would murderkill us.

Mutsumi said:
What is so bad about Odin? I know of the reputation it had, but not why...
Basicly take the same plotting of M. Night Shyamalan's carear, remove Shyamlan's name and put in Yoshinobu Nishizaki's name. Odin is bascily Nishizaki's Avatar: the last airbender.

ConanThe3rd said:
Basicly take the same plotting of M. Night Shyamalan's carear, remove Shyamlan's name and put in Yoshinobu Nishizaki's name. Odin is bascily Nishizaki's Avatar: the last airbender.

You give Odin too much credit with this post, Conan. ;)

In a nutshell, Odin is THE most leaden, excitement free, tired looking, old-hat, cliche-ridden space 'adventure' you could ever hope to see.

It's one of a very small number of things I've seen that actually made me think 'oh my... this is BAD.'

Were I to review it for this site, I'd actually lobby for a scoring system that went into negative point values.

It would be amusing to see how many people would stick it out, but I am kidding - I'm not that cruel.

Besides, I was under the impression that the real baptism of fire for any club is Wings of Honneamise followed by Night on the Galactic Railroad...

Professor Irony said:
It would be amusing to see how many people would stick it out, but I am kidding - I'm not that cruel.

Besides, I was under the impression that the real baptism of fire for any club is Wings of Honneamise followed by Night on the Galactic Railroad...
Or anything from before 2004, really. Ok, Gravatation is no yard-stick (all these years I thought it was a gay romantic comedy) but still.

I remember getting all six Angel Cop episodes in a double VHS case. It was during the early phases of my anime interest and I got it solely because it was anime. It was okay as an early teen, me and my friend watched it and it was "cool", but a few years later I watched it and wasn't half as "cool" as I remembered it... and it was soon sold at a car boot.

I'd love to see it again though, for old times sake...

- a couple of Rumiko Takahashi films (can't remember the names, one had a vampire in a sailor fuku of sorts)

I bet these were part of the' Rumik world' series IIRC. I remember that cover it was from 'Laughing Target', and the other episodes included 'Fire Tripper' and Mermaid Forest. They were basically one-shots created by Takahashi outside her long-runnning series.

I'm so old skool!

I enjoyed Fire Tripper. The US versions of those tapes are worth a few pennies in Japan if you find the right buyer now. Maris the Choujo was also good.

R

@'Prof irony, Yep Fire Tripper features a schoolgirl who goes back to feudal Japan. And romance ensues. Kind of a proto-InuYasha without the demons. Never saw it but I read the manga, as it ran in the late great Manga Mania way back when.

Back