KLK - Queries and a schedule update

britguy said:
Rosencrantz said:
I have to say a box to put our boxes in seems a little weird, so I can see why people are thinking you meant the regular editions would get an art box. Part 3 definitely needs something extra as while the price has dropped a little the episode count has dropped a little more.

Weird? I think it sounds great! A nice box to bunch them all in to with one spine showing.

This. I agree, it sounds awesome!

@ Anime Limited

I know the horse has already bolted ...

Ever considered having your releases numbered, ala The Criterion Collection, Masters of Cinema?

Norbie said:
@ Anime Limited

I know the horse has already bolted ...

Ever considered having your releases numbered, ala The Criterion Collection, Masters of Cinema?

What's the link between releases other than they have been licenced by AL though? And can you imagine what it'd do to those that like everything to line up nicely on their shelves if they had to put the many different sized AL releases in number order?

--

I reckon that KLK artbox would work if some good artwork can be used on the spine, there's little point having it otherwise as the existing boxes do the same job. If we are just looking at a box with nice art on the front/back and a boring logo spine I think I'd rather have a dozen postcards with the art on.

Rosencrantz said:
And can you imagine what it'd do to those that like everything to line up nicely on their shelves if they had to put the many different sized AL releases in number order?

I am going to have nightmares even just imagining this scenario.

Rosencrantz said:
I reckon that KLK artbox would work if some good artwork can be used on the spine, there's little point having it otherwise as the existing boxes do the same job. If we are just looking at a box with nice art on the front/back and a boring logo spine I think I'd rather have a dozen postcards with the art on.

Hmm, what kind of artwork do we think would look best? I know Andrew would have limitations on what he could choose from, but if it's a chunky box then a group shot would be my favourite with the series logo in a prominent position. I prefer the side characters to the leads.

R

Well, as there's 9 dvds of KLK in Japan and we're using two covers per part then perhaps we could use some of the 'left over' artwork on the overall art box?

GolGotha said:
Well, as there's 9 dvds of KLK in Japan and we're using two covers per part then perhaps we could use some of the 'left over' artwork on the overall art box?
I think this and this would work well as the front and back covers. No idea what could be used for the spine though.

Mangaranga said:
GolGotha said:
I think this and this would work well as the front and back covers. No idea what could be used for the spine though.

Good choices, that 1st one might work for the spine if they dropped the logo

Back