Last Exile...

Having seen all 26 eps of LE I have to agree with everyone and the comments that have already been posted.
The world in which the series is set quite remarkable, drawing it's inspirations from many different style and melting them lovingly into something very individual and unique. The artwork and animation on a whole are superb.

The characters, whilst being a tad cliche maybe, were all still very likeable, well portrayed and fleshed out. (Not really a spoiler but an observation ) However when the series did finish I felt that there were a few unanswered questions regarding some individuals.

I also enjoyed the audio aspect of this show immensely. The Grand Stream sections being of particular note. With those scenes booming out of my home cinema system with the vanships flying about it really gave an excellent sense of how powerful it was. Top stuff!!:D

Overall anyone into anime owes it to themselves to see this show. I really can't see how you can be disappointed with what you'll find.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else heard about the rumour that Joel Silver is very interested in making a live action film of LE? that's right, yet another 'anime-to-live-action-film' rumour. :roll: i'm not going to form a clear opinion on that until i hear more about it though.

Concrete badger said:
Has anyone else heard about the rumour that Joel Silver is very interested in making a live action film of LE? that's right, yet another 'anime-to-live-action-film' rumour. :roll: i'm not going to form a clear opinion on that until i hear more about it though.

Scary stuff, if Joel Silver ever got his hands on Last Exile I would probably cry, if anyone could feel comfortable shoe-horning a bullet-time gunfight or a car chase into Last Exile it would be him.

i think a live action LE could be amazing, but the same can be said of all the best anime series. i just hope it gets a suitable director if it gets made at all.

I'm not sure how they could create a live action Last Exile film without taking away the anime's magic, wonder and charm, not to mention ultra-condensing it, and in the anime there's not much that could be cut out without sacrificing plot leaps or character development. Plus, I doubt many actors could pull off Dio.

Well i have just finished watching all of Last Exile and i must say it was very good. I finished off around 15 episodes in the last week because i have become so hooked on the show.

It was great series some of the episodes were excellent while others did not exactly do much but make new questions for the viewer, however these were later answered but not in as much detail as i would have liked.

I must admit i was constantly thinking what the series would be like if it was condensed into a trilogy so im very open to the idea of a live action film yet there would be so many elements that would be left out, it would not be possible to be pur in just one film.

All in all i would highly recommend the series and i would love to get my hands on the Special Edition boxset + figurine etc but its a tad expensive but no doubt probably worth it.

And Alex Rowe is clearly the coolest character :p

Back