Last Order: Final Fantasy VII

If you're one of those huge FF7 fans you'll like it, otherwise it's nothing special.
Story's more satisfying than Advent Children, it has to be said, but like Advent Children it seems like a cash-in rather than an attempt to tell a decent story within a franchise.

I have to agree I enjoyed the last order much more than the movie it self. I wish they could do a anime series based on ff7, it would be good woundn't it?

I've seen it and I didn't think much of it. All it connects with is Before Crisis and the past of Cloud and Tifa. Nothing you haven't seen in the game, carry on.

Pointless yes, but it came out of the same project that spawned Advent Children so what do you expect. The animation is good, and the story is too, though it's in the game (barring some rather arbitrary changes to events). Worth tracking down. You know. With a Tracker. Hint Hint.

Don't expect it in the UK.

I saw this a while ago when I got Advent, I thought it was pretty cool and the animation was good.

A FFVII anime would be pretty cool if someone did it right, other wise it could just be really bad 8)

I found Last Order to be much better than Advent Children. It's basically the 'hidden' scenes in FFVII but animated.
Now if they'd do an anime with FFVIII including the hints that contribute to the tragic ending..

FFVIII ending spoiler:
Rinoa is Ultimecia and Squall DIES PERMENATELY as he wiped from existence due to time compression.

That would be great! However, Last Order is worth checking out if you are a die-hard FFVII fan. :D
________
Pot

Last edited by a moderator:
neptune2venus said:
FFVIII ending spoiler:
Rinoa is Ultimecia and Squall DIES PERMENATELY as he wiped from existence due to time compression.

I must have got the good ending then, assuming thats not a joke.

A FF8 anime would be good, although it might wander into Mai Hime territory due to the Guardian Force element.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a look at this a while ago came upon it quite by accident. Sounds pretty cool.

I'd love an FF8 anime, that would make me happy...the endings to tragic for me.

I must admit that I quite liked Last Order, but then again I am a huge Final Fantasy fanboy (stick those two words on something and I'll go crazy for it... Except Spirits Within...) Although I must admit it was far from outstanding. Worth checking out just for the novelty.

I think I keep getting drawn to the FF7 spin offs in the hope that they'll recreate the feeling of playing the game for the first time...

where's my cow? said:
Although I must admit it was far from outstanding. Worth checking out just for the novelty.
I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, but it didn't really show us anything we didn't need to know other than how much of a bad-ass Zack was (although clearly not as much of a bad-ass as Sephiroth) in comparison to Cloud.
I think I keep getting drawn to the FF7 spin offs in the hope that they'll recreate the feeling of playing the game for the first time...
Sadly nothing can recreate that... *cries*

Last order was only meant to be a retelling of the nibelheim incident from Zack's point of view, as a prequel to crisis core.

I think it performs that role brilliantly

Back