Leaked trailer for Rebuild of Evangelion

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Though it's scheduled to premiere in Japan during September, a trailer for the (first of four) new Rebuild of Evangelion movie has been <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaWj2mCm5TU">leaked on YouTube</a>. It's a rather low quality video, since it's obviously been captured on a phone in a Japanese theatre, but with that said, you can make out several of the newer character designs and hear a reworked version of Evangelion's famous ending theme, "Fly me to the moon".

I'm currently making my way through Evangelion (on ep 20 at the moment) and I've been blown away by it's brilliance! These movies can't come soon enough!

Any chance they'll get released in cinemas over here?

Paul said:
Though it's scheduled to premiere in Japan during September, a trailer for the (first of four) new Rebuild of Evangelion movie has been <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaWj2mCm5TU">leaked on YouTube</a>. It's a rather low quality video, since it's obviously been captured on a phone in a Japanese theatre, but with that said, you can make out several of the newer character designs and hear a reworked version of Evangelion's famous ending theme, "Fly me to the moon".

ok slightly off topic. We're against giving links of fansubs or downloads on the site but happy to show someone illegally using a camera in a cinema? ^^

Ryo Chan said:
Paul said:

ok slightly off topic. We're against giving links of fansubs or downloads on the site but happy to show someone illegally using a camera in a cinema? ^^

It's a trailer that is being used as a promotional tool. I wouldn't be surprised if this has been "leaked" on purpose just to tease the fans and get us all talking. Also, this is site based on the idea of supporting the UK scene; we wouldn't be supporting it if we linked to DVD-rips of Afro Samurai when you can buy that special edition at Amazon. That's the difference.

Paul said:
Ryo Chan said:
Paul said:

It's a trailer that is being used as a promotional tool. I wouldn't be surprised if this has been "leaked" on purpose just to tease the fans and get us all talking. Also, this is site based on the idea of supporting the UK scene; we wouldn't be supporting it if we linked to DVD-rips of Afro Samurai when you can buy that special edition at Amazon. That's the difference.

might wanna reword that end bit paul, it sounds like as long as it's not released in the uk linking fansubs or dvd rips is fine :?

That version of Fly Me To the Moon was pretty meh. The vocals were that generic pop, all over the place, I can hit all kinds of notes style. I can't take to that very easily.

And about what Paul said. It seemed pretty clear to me. It's a promotional trailer, it's meant to spread the word. If they have a problem with people seeing it then they might have gone wrong by putting it together.

Ryo Chan said:
Paul said:
Ryo Chan said:
Paul said:

might wanna reword that end bit paul, it sounds like as long as it's not released in the uk linking fansubs or dvd rips is fine :?

Linking to fan subs could under cut even potential UK releases. Also, trailers are made to be distributed. They are promotional material.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
That version of Fly Me To the Moon was pretty meh. The vocals were that generic pop, all over the place, I can hit all kinds of notes style. I can't take to that very easily.

For some reason, it kind of reminded me of "Follow me" from the GITS: Innocence movie. I didn't hate it, but it was so far beyond the original song. Probably need to hear a better quality version before judging though.

Difference being that I absolutely love Follow Me. The singer for that has a very straight singing voice that to me always sounds better.

Animation is absolutely brilliant; I really am anticipating this now. The new Fly me to the Moon, is a tad weird; but every now and then you get a feeling of the original. :D

September 9th, no doubt we won't be seeing it near that date. I'm guessing December/January for our official release. . .I Hope. . .

EDIT: I just uploaded the HQ trailer on MegaUpload-

I'll remove link if needed

The trailer really closely resembled the original (just with better animation, that's somewhat hard to make out by the video quality of the clip, but it's there) so I don't know how it's going to deviate from the original. Quite honestly, I'd rather Anno had continued to hone his skills with live action rather than jump back on the NGE gravy train...with any luck it'll turn out to be a fund-raising exercise for his next 'new' project.

Aw hell, I'll watch the Rebuild movie eventually regardless!

Martin said:
The trailer really closely resembled the original (just with better animation, that's somewhat hard to make out by the video quality of the clip, but it's there) so I don't know how it's going to deviate from the original. Quite honestly, I'd rather Anno had continued to hone his skills with live action rather than jump back on the NGE gravy train...with any luck it'll turn out to be a fund-raising exercise for his next 'new' project.

Hopefully he'll put some of the money into ADV's project... oh they only need another $60million : D EDIT: Live-action movie that is.

DaNiMe said:
Hopefully he'll put some of the money into ADV's project... oh they only need another $60million : D EDIT: Live-action movie that is.
I'd rather see something new than see yet another rehash of Evangelion. Maybe that's what they should call it...

ADV Films Presents... REHASH of Evangelion

Back