Cobra the Animation gone from Hidive
Darwins Game gone from Hidive
The Familiar of Zero (except for S4) gone from Hidive
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Herz! grone from Hidive
Flip Flappers gone from Hidive
Food Wars S2 gone from Hidive
Gatchaman Crowds: Insight gone from Hidive
Girls Beyond the Wasteland gone from Hidive
Thanks very much for the help! I’ll double check everything and make sure that’s changed for the next update.

I’ll be starting my yearly deep dive analysis of all titles soon, so this is a great start. 😄

Magia Record S1 gone from Hidive
Magic of Stella gone from Hidive
Matoi gone from Hidive
Momokuri gone from Hidive
Monochrome Factor gone from Hidive
Monster Musume gone from Hidive
Natsuyuki Rendezvous gone from Hidive
both Negima gone from Hidive
-----
PSO 2 gone from Hidive
Phantom of the Idol Dub added
Seitokai Yakuindomo: Season 2 gone from Hidive
Eden of Grisaia gone from Hidive
Tsukipro S2 is online on Hidive
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle gone from Hidive
Uta no Prince Sama S4 gone from Hidive
Wakaba Girl gone from Hidive
Wake up girls gone from hidive

Last edited:
Sadly I see HiDive being out competed by the much larger Crunchyroll to the point where they have to shutdown. Crunchyroll just has much more capital to acquire licences, has a larger library and more high profile shows. The casual Anime fan will most likely pirate any show they want to watch that's on Hidive, rather than pay for two subscriptions.

yeh sadly feels like an inevitable decline. I subscribed for a while but I exhausted the back catalogue pretty quickly and they rarely got new season shows I was interested in. honestly I'm still a bit baffled that Daisuki was such a disaster, had the backing of most of the major anime producers but they were clueless when it came to putting a good service together.

I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill with these removals. The majority of these shows are 7-8 years old at this point so it's only natural that they would get removed as the license expires.

I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill with these removals. The majority of these shows are 7-8 years old at this point so it's only natural that they would get removed as the license expires.
HiDive's only been going 6 years though!
Still might be the reason, wait a month or so and they'll be back. Normally what happens on Netflix.

This is not the first time shows have suddenly disappeared from Hidive (and probably won't be the last). Hidive did not give a reason but the shows did eventually come back after a long period of time (e.g. Beautiful Bones was taken down last November and it has just been reinstated this month.)

Honestly I just looked through in alphabetical order - that's all...

Hidive will leave all markets except for US, CA, UK, IE & AU next month - but it's expected that Sentai will increase their sublicensing efforts for other markets. I mean it's known that they already sublicensed a bunch of stuff to ADN, Peppermint, Yamato Video & KSM (Plaion Group) - and if they also aquire a good partner for Latin America than it's all fine ;)

Most titles gone from Hidive recently are quite old - and it's just the regular Sentai / The Anime Network license that bought those titles expired and wasn't yet renewed. Licenses expiring after e.g. 5, 7 or 10 years was absolutely standard with every anime company - well, until both CR & Funi added some kind of auto renewal in their standard contracts to prevent this.

Back