London Comic Con - May 2015 Licenses

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
(Credit to UK Anime for the live Twitter updates).

Animatsu:
- A Certain Magical Index / A Certain Scientific Railgun. DVD/Blu-ray complete collections starting this summer.
- Black Bullet
- Golden Time
- Parasyte: The maxim
- Knights of Sidonia
- Triage X

Live Action:
- Dead Rising: Watchtower.

Anime Limited:
Licenses:
- Durarara!! x2
- Sword Art Online II - DVD/BD, Four Parts. Volume 1 in August 2015.
- Fusé: Memoirs Of A Huntress - DVD/BD, August 2015.

Updates:
- Baccano delay caused by weird technicality with assets. Should be resolved soon. Aiming for release by October Comic Con.
- Full Metal Panic Ultimate Edition will be released before or around October Comic Con.
- Samurai Flamenco will have its first half released this year.
- Tokyo Ghoul will be entirely uncut. Collector's Edition will contain hard-cover book.

General:
- Not afraid to pick up titles with questionable content as long as they'd receive a BBFC 18 certificate. July's Prison School might be difficult and dissuade a lot of licensors due to concerns about not being able to TV broadcast though.
- Easier to gauge interest and quality in a title if it's based on a manga.

Preliminary Artwork:

009 Re: Cyborg:
CFnmW3vWAAAWPvU.jpg

Space Dandy Season 2:
CFnmt74WoAAdpcn.jpg

Will contain art cards with all the art from the JP volume releases.

Sword Art Online II:
Collector's Edition:
CFnlw9cW0AA_E7B.jpg

Standard Edition:
CFnlwtRWYAAUK_b.jpg

Tokyo Ghoul:
CFnnqEiWIAAXKr4.jpg

Will likely share same artwork as their French release.

Manga Entertainment UK:
- Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F.
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie: #1, Beginnings / #2, Eternal. DVD/BD Collector's Edition and Standard Edition DVD. Due out in July.
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie: #3, Rebellion. DVD/BD on 28th September.

MVM:
- Amnesia. DVD (£24.99) and Blu-ray (£34.99); 6th July.
- Captain Earth. Subtitle-only DVD (£24.99)/BD (£29.99). Part 1 on 13th July, Part 2 on 14th September.
- Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works. Later this year. Formats unconfirmed but BD expected.
- Love Live! School Idol Project. Sub-only DVD coming 27th July 2015, dubbed blu-ray coming in 2016.
- Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Apocalypse. DVD/BD, volume 1 on 24th August, volume 2 on 19th October.

Art is subjective and all, but my god that Tokyo Ghoul box looks awful to me :/ I dropped the show when it was streaming thinking I'd pick it up later and never did so probably won't buy anyway, so my opinion doesn't matter....but jeez.

Not overly keen on the SAO artwork, but guess they have to use what has been provided from JP.

The Space Dandy exclusive artwork looks awesome, as does Tokyo Ghoul.

I like all art work (Dandy looks amazing) but still not keen on Ghoul's, seeing some more shots of the box as time goes on may change my mind as it's definitely striking.

I haven't seen the show so IDK if it fits but I really like the Tokyo Ghoul artwork. As Dannielle said, it's very striking and it really stands out. One thing I don't like is how it says Edition Collector's instead of Collector's Edition. Probably just a mistake.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I haven't seen the show so IDK if it fits but I really like the Tokyo Ghoul artwork. As Dannielle said, it's very striking and it really stands out. One thing I don't like is how it says Edition Collector's instead of Collector's Edition. Probably just a mistake.
I think that's because Anime Limited shown off the French cover; noting that the English one will most likely be almost exactly like that one.

It's funny how the Tokyo Ghoul artwork splits opinions right down the middle; I absolutely love it.

R

I really like it as well. I can imagine them making the dripping blood, sort of 3d/raised...if that makes sense?

It would be cool if Anime Limited were able to do a KLK-esque Collectors Box for all three parts of Durarara X2. :p

I think the Tokyo Ghoul boxart looks nice, too. Not usually a big fan of White artboxes, but the blood dripping makes it look pretty cool.

I'm thinking there'll be six releases for durarara x2. Two 6 episode sets for each 12 episode season. I doubt aniplex will want anime limited releasing them in 12 episode sets right off the bat (I'm basing this on the monogatari, klk and SAO release styles)

Gonna see what the goodies are with the CE or I might buy the BluRay release later down the line. Or I might just buy a region 1 player since I have the NISA CE of season 1. Decisions decisions. I will be supporting the release one way or another though.

st_owly said:
Gonna see what the goodies are with the CE or I might buy the BluRay release later down the line. Or I might just buy a region 1 player since I have the NISA CE of season 1. Decisions decisions. I will be supporting the release one way or another though.

Same for me. If the DVD set looks nice enough I'll probably double dip but if not I'll probably just wait.

Back