London expo

Stuart-says-yes said:
revertedtozero said:
My budget (Which is probably gonna be £40-50) is only enough for one day so i'll be doing budget buys and make sure I don't get too carried away. And by that I mean get as many freebies as possible.

Hold on, theres freebies? anime freebies?

That early entry ticket i sold you....if you use it properly and get there at a good time, you can get in roughly 10-20mins after doors open, get a free goodybag, with 3 free anime vols (probably going to be showcases or ADV titles, ifnot then random shows) along with posters, maybe a few figures, badges, there where nanny mcphee stickers last time (why the hell, i have no idea, they ended up being binned) and as you wander round the expo you'll do well to ask EVERY suitable store you see if they are giving posters away.

Note to the wise, not every stall gives away free stuff, and some stalls sell posters, so don't walk up and just put one in your bag.

make sure that your aware of your belongings aswell, can't rule out any chance of pickpockets or general theft. main thing is to enjoy the day, resist the temptation to spend hundreds and to get to the pub before everyone else is due to meet up and have a pint.

I decided to knock any ideas of cosplay on the head for one reason or another, so anyone who might want to meet/avoid me will probably be able to recognize me via my Yomiuri Giants cap:

yomiurigiantscap.jpg

SciFiBoy said:
um, im getting to London via Stratford train station, anyone know which Tube I have to get to the expo? I will check on the site as well, but idk London that well
Take the DLR southbound towards Lewisham. Change at Poplar onto an eastbound DLR train towards Beckton. Do not mistakenly catch one going towards Woolwich Arsenal. (Aside the signs on the front of each train, you shall be able to identify the right one by looking for introverted youths and cosplayers aboard it.) Alight at Custom House.

Jayme said:
You can get the tube to... East India Quay or something then get the DLR from there to Custom House. It's a much shorter journey, iirc.

The Jubilee line that runs from Stratford to Canning Town is closed this weekend.

Zin5ki said:
SciFiBoy said:
um, im getting to London via Stratford train station, anyone know which Tube I have to get to the expo? I will check on the site as well, but idk London that well
Take the DLR southbound towards Lewisham. Change at Poplar onto an eastbound DLR train towards Beckton. Do not mistakenly catch one going towards Woolwich Arsenal. (Aside the signs on the front of each train, you shall be able to identify the right one by looking for introverted youths and cosplayers aboard it.) Alight at Custom House.

thanks! :)

Will be heading out in a bit so I can set up my table. We're C67 in the comic village, about the 4th row in the comic village. It's gonna be intense! @_@

Will be spending more than I earn methinks! XD

Hope everyone has a good time at the Expo, super jealous I can't make it. Will make it next time for sure. =)

Remember the Waterloo and city is closed too!
The route I suggest from Waterloo is Waterloo to kennington, Kennington to bank, Bank to custom house.

EDIT: This is wrong, I made a mistake, it isn't open on Sunday and isnt open before 8am.

Wow, somebody else from Harrogate.

What's the plan for a meet-up?
I'm not sure I'll come along, as I'm going to the Expo with relatives. But I might join in.

Project-2501 said:
Aogu said:
Remember the Waterloo and city is closed too!

You sure?

Hmm Well it said it was on Wednesday, but now when I check it says planned closure, then I check for more details and it says othing about any closures at all. SO I assume that in fact it is not closed on Saturday, just closed on Sunday as usual.

No worries then. Either way- just think on your feet! (It won't make much difference [10 minutes?])

EDIT: I know what caused the problem, when using the TFL route planner I set my departure time from Waterloo as 7:45 (Which is when my train arrives) but the Waterloo and City doesn't open till 8 so it told me it was closed!

I'd seen the same, it is rather confusing to say the least. Even the journey planner was saying to use it. I thought maybe you'd found something I hadn't.

I've been to just one expo in the last 4 years where there hasn't been a tube or DLR problem.

Back