London MCM Expo 29-30 May 2010

The crowds were absolutely appalling. Didn't spend a huge amount of time actually inside it, but I enjoyed the day overall. Pretty great meet-up as well.

I'm curious, though, how did it get worse? I didn't notice anything drastic change over the course of the day.

The queue flowed nicely though. This year however I spent more time in the queue then I did the previous. I was even there earlier! I disagree Project it was much better organised than last year.

Worse since the last expo in Oct '09. That was bad enough.

I'm just reading through the info that came with my advance tickets and it says nothing about wristbands. There is some talk about it on the expo forum and this post:
http://www.mcmexpogroup.com/forums/view ... 82&t=14365

Which would have been VERY useful as a BIG poster at the main entrance. But nothing in any of the email updates they sent in the last few weeks.

"Follow the signs to Early Entry with a ticket"

Yeah, the single A3 sign INSIDE hall N1. Really easy to find. The way they do the queues is beyond a joke now.

Oh, that crap. Yeah, that was confusing. I don't think I needed to queue the big queue outside of the hall and could have gone straight in. Some others did. I swear to God, I could have just walked straight in and got tickets. People turned up out of no-where before I was about to purchase them.

Durial, at least they didn't have queues running ACROSS the central area this time.

But having a different ticketing system to the one outlined in the blurb supplied with the advance tickets and not then making it clear on the day is still poor organisation. It appears they knew about the wristbands a good time ago too yet still sent the old info.

Add to that increased numbers of visitors and the same (or actually less because of the card game area) space in the hall as the last couple of years.

If they had a corner of the ticket hall set aside for a rest area it would have eased the crowding of the main concourse.

Hiya guys.

M.G here. I wasn't able to go to expo today as I sat a 3 hour Japanese exam. But I will be going on Sunday, so if anyone is going, drop me a PM if you would like to meet up.

Apologies to the usual suspects for not being able to get to the meet today.

M.G xx

n.b - chaos, I hope the house moving went OK.

Was badly organised as regards to cosplay at end too (deley with something earlier on main stage, 1 1/2 hour wait then don't get out till about 20:30.

Project-2501 said:
Well that had to be the most crowded and worst organised expo yet. I didn't think it could get worse, but it did.
Humbug. I was hoping we could agree on more than one thing today.

Compared with October, I was quite happy with the today's execution. Fast ticket holders got a comparatively faster queue than non-holders, as I found out in virtue of the amount by which Arbalest had to wait. The use of wristbands eliminated October's re-entry queue as well.

There was no queue to get into the oct expo with early entry tickets. The foulup then was the re-entry queue as you say which was the one going across the concourse. But then in oct they trialed the UV hand stamps. Epic fail.

Was a good day :) what was all the "alcoholic" words about? I was only in the pub for an hour an a half before the meet up, and thqt was to tate my contacts out lol

jayme you look so young, and i don't think you realised who i was lol

Manga Girls said:
M.G here. I wasn't able to go to expo today as I sat a 3 hour Japanese exam.
Hope that went well.

Manga Girls said:
n.b - chaos, I hope the house moving went OK.
I'm all right, but I need to fine me a place to live yet =/ crashing at friends right now.

Tachi- said:
Was a good day :) what was all the "alcoholic" words about? I was only in the pub for an hour an a half before the meet up, and thqt was to tate my contacts out lol
Arby said something about drinking and that's where that came from.

Tachi- said:
jayme you look so young, and i don't think you realised who i was lol
Tachi thought you were 12 yo

Durial666 said:
It was a good day. Good to see some of you AUKNers even if I did only speak to Tachi-, Chaos and Reevothemusefan [=

It was a nice to meet and talk to you mate and same goes to everyone I met there.

Caught my train alright, sorry I had to leave so suddenly, just wanted to make sure I caught the right tube trains.

I had a great time and got all the stuff I wanted.

Project-2501 said:
Well that had to be the most crowded and worst organised expo yet. I didn't think it could get worse, but it did.
Yeah, yesterday was totally rammed. Today was much better for crowds so unless there's something that demands an early start, I'd recommend going on Sunday next time.

Had more fun this time than i did in October, it was just more fun this time for me. :D Chaos dropped by which was cool, sorry if I missed anyone else who came round!

I bought lots of manga, the table with 4 books for £10 had random, but titles I was after. >:3

And i'm back home now. Yeah was good to finally get away again for the first time in about 3 years and it was a pretty good day as well overall. Picked up a fair bit too, mainly Wolf's Rain and Planetes, but wanted a lot more, i just couldn't afford what took me fancy.

Meeting everyone was interesting. Some where as expected, some not so much, but it was entertaining regardless.

@Tach: It was either someone saying something he didn't mean to say, heard it from someone else somehow, or i misheard it. Either way, it confused me as to why i heard it, hah.

Back