Madoka Magica - 22nd October DVD & BD

This is why people who are complaining about the price are total idiots:

Japan: 6 volumes for ¥7350 each = £366.03
America: 3 volumes for $74.98 each = £146.21 (Limited Edition) OR $119.94 (£77.94) for the regular editions.
Italy: 3 volumes (1 regular, 2 LEs - all that's listen on Amazon) will cost you 98.63 Euros (£79.22).
Germany: DVD ONLY. 3x EUR19.99 = EU59.97 (£48.16)
United Kingdom: 1x complete collection for £39.99

Even our DVD set is priced to be just under £20 cheaper than the German one.

Joshawott said:
This is why people who are complaining about the price are total idiots:

Japan: 6 volumes for ¥7350 each = £366.03
America: 3 volumes for $74.98 each = £146.21 (Limited Edition) OR $119.94 (£77.94) for the regular editions.
Italy: 3 volumes (1 regular, 2 LEs - all that's listen on Amazon) will cost you 98.63 Euros (£79.22).
Germany: DVD ONLY. 3x EUR19.99 = EU59.97 (£48.16)
United Kingdom: 1x complete collection for £39.99

Even our DVD set is priced to be just under £20 cheaper than the German one.

Good run down there. Not to mention the additional postage and possible customs fees on some of those.

I think what ever price they picked people would complain to be honest, some people just dont want to pay a more than fair price. In fact if I were Manga i'd put the DvD set at £35 to make it very competitive with the Combo pack.

I just need to decide if i'm going to double dip and support Manga, I want to see them do more combo boxsets so I might do it this time.

I never got round to watching Madoka Magica, but I like Akiyuki Shinbo and SHAFT's work (especially on Negima and Bakemonogatari). Since Madoka Magica turned into such a phenomenon I'm tempted to pick this one up. And that Blu-ray price is an absolute steal compared to everywhere else.

(Thinking about it, I'd love a proper full series adaptation of Negima from the beginning to the end in the style of SHAFT's Ala Alba OVAs, but that's just a pipe dream :p)

Manga suddenly became gdlk? How?! Hehe. Seriously though, mind-blowing effort to offer this in one BD set for that price.

Ryo Chan said:
not sure what it's got to justify a blu ray over k-on and FMA, but lets see where this goes
Presumably, better contract negotiation with the original rights holders to allow for a non-stupid release schedule on one hand (FMA), and the fact that it is projected to sell better on the other (K-ON!).

Ryo Chan said:
not sure what it's got to justify a blu ray over k-on and FMA, but lets see where this goes
I imagine the fact it's only the one volume they have to release has a got a lot to do with it.

That and they can hype it up as the Next Eva if thier PR wants to do thier job.

Back